Ancient Trial Results (1 Viewer)

SimpaticO

Happy Man
I'm just wondering how everyone did in their Ancient Trials. Personally, I was pretty happy with my results.

I got 82 and was second in my class in the Trials. Overall I'm ranked in first place in Ancient and in Extension History so I get two trophies this year. I was pretty happy. So I'm wondering how everyone else went.

I did the best in my personality (Agrippina the younger) essay scoring 24/25

X

xeuyrawp

Yeh, I got 82 as well.
I topped the society section, at 23, which I actually did no study for.
I ended up answering a question that I hadn't studied, and left the one I had prepared for.

Weird paper.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i got 81.5 which i am not happy with at all - puts me 4th in test (we dont know overall yet as they havent done them *sigh*). anyway, was a crap test and i hate it! drags my marks down soooo much. but, on the plus side (if there is one, which qute frankly is looking doubtful :( ) at least it was only worth 20%, so not as much as some of our other assessments...still unhappy tho.

Hoplite

HSC
I got 95.5 (1st - 2nd 95, 3rd 94, 4th 91) - after that it dropped to low 80's and finished in the high 20's.

Either my class is extremely good or it was marked pretty easily.

Personally I don't care.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Hoplite said:
I got 95.5 (1st - 2nd 95, 3rd 94, 4th 91) - after that it dropped to low 80's and finished in the high 20's.

Either my class is extremely good or it was marked pretty easily.

Personally I don't care.

Nah, you're probably fantastic!! We have a fairly average class. I did not study at all until the night before, so Im quite upset with myself. I did manage to get 81 but was hoping for high 80s at least. But not too bad an effort considering. All assessments over and Ive come first in my class.

LVB

I'm patiently waiting for mine!! I'm hoping to get in the high 80s. I know so many facts now it's cursing me!!

I cannot watch the Prince of Egypt or any Egyptian documentaries because I'm forever correcting incy wincy little mistakes and it's embarassing!! DUring the 1/2 yearlies i stuffed up the society question of all things...but i managed to write 15 pages (A4) and the society question in that exam

it better count for something

I got 98 in the CSSA trial, which was first in the trial and places me first overall in the grade. I lost my 2 marks in the hisorical periods esaay. I was so nervous the night before the trial I only got 2 hours sleep. I wasnt studign, i just couldnt sleep. But it was all worth it coz i wanted to come first so bad, lol that sounds so nerdy.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
holy shit... well done, thats so awesome... I can only dream of marks like that!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
I came second yet again (third time in a row....) with 86. Highest was 89, then after me was 82(?). It's still pretty disappointing how no one in the class got into the 90s. Damn harpy and her whole stupid "stop writing in chronology!"

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Dont u start bitching bout that paper, u got no right girl!!!

Look at my mark!! 77.5, and after being told i should get 95+ CRAP!!!!

Meh, harpies an idiot, i got some ancient teacher from belmont to mark my trials, and i got 97, harpy marks crappily. I say we dont believe an inch of her markin!!

And besides that, i go from first to 4th jsut because of these stupid trials!!!

NoT FAIR!!!!

And i will now stop, before reni and tines start yellin again...

*dont_tempt_me*

i cant believe i actually passed and got a good mark, i got 83, and i came fifth, but that didnt matter because my overall rank ended up being 3rd so i am so happy. congrads to all of you, you al did mad, goodluck for the hsc.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
angelduck said:
Meh, harpies an idiot, i got some ancient teacher from belmont to mark my trials, and i got 97, harpy marks crappily. I say we dont believe an inch of her markin!!
Dare you to tell harpy that.

Demandred

HSC
98% :D, next in line was 97.5% (thanks for refreshing my memory Baker) and 87%, there's big drop after that.

Last edited:

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
too lateangelduck, we're yelling! how do u know ur rank? harpy told us she hadnt done em yet coz she cant work the computer program...tells u what manner of genius she is! :p
meh, im sooo annoyed with her - i thought it was totally unfair hat she docked me 8 mks in rome - i have NEVER gone so badly in an essay in my life! so i asked her to go though it with me and point out what i did wrong. so, be4 she read it she told me all the things her comment said i did wrong, which seemed fair enough (ie. worth 8 marks), however, when she went through it she was all like 'oh, i didnt read this right - you HAVEN'T done it in narrative style, you've done it in themes like i wanted, you HAVE included roman terminology and ancient historiography - "I just must have missed them all somehow", so, when i asked her if, in the light of what she'd just said (ie. admitting that she'd marked my paper unfairly) she'd remark my paper, she refused!! so now ive been docked 8 marks for repeating the words "Pompey and Caesar were both extremely powerful individuals" and using the phrase "fighting in the streets" coz i didnt want to repeat "urban violance". how unfair is that?!? and she missed out marking a whole 10mk section in minoans - i think she just hates me :(

moogle180

I got 98% as well, came first in the grade. Second was 93%.
Overall i'm comming first in ancient. WOOT!!!

miss_niss

Occasional Member
HSC
It was pretty easy

I got 73/75. I lost my marks in the Spartan essay. We didnt have to to the athenian historical period question becuase we hadn't finished.

I thought it was a pretty good trial.

HSC
N/A
I don't need to see my results, I know that most of us failed (at least I'm sure I did) or came pretty darn close. waaaaaahhhh....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)