Andrew Bird, Joanna Newsom, Grizzly Bear, The Midde East, who's going? (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
yeah i'll be as close as i can be outside the venue to eavesdrop

philphie

Banned
HSC
you touch one hair on my body and i will jizz so loud that everyone will hear and grizzly bear will stop playing

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
all of my friends are going to patrick watson beforehand so im looking forward to the 1hr45m train ride by myself where ill be playing gta on my ds and listening to veckatimest :eek:

philphie

Banned
HSC
haha i never ever listen to any music by the band i'm going to see at the concert for the entire week, spoils my ears.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
no way. if i havent listened to it in ages i like listening to it before so that i can sing along :eek: otherwise if i know it well enough, i will normally listen to it afterwards on the way home

coudes

HSC
Disappointed that I didn't get JN or AB tickets...would've been nice to see them again but found out they were touring a little too late.

apparently grizzly bear were awesome tonight.

so excited for tomorrow night :eek:
Woo! Same here.

knoobs.

HSC
Woo!

Seeing Grizzly for the second time in a month on Thursday night. First time was over new years at falls and they were brilliant but I think it's going to be a lot more amazing at the recital hall with the acoustics, lighting etc.

Anyone else going that night, do you know if there's a support act or it's Grizzly straight at 9.30?

wetting my pants with excitement

philphie

Banned
HSC
they have two shows, one at recital hall the other at Beck's. the one at Becks they are playing with The Middle East

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
home already? what were the standouts?
i was in the car.

definite highlights: little brother; ready, able; knife;southern point; deep blue sea.

oh man it was SO good, they had all the lights expertly coordinated, their guitars were so warm and their harmonies were just brilliant. They were constantly recording and looping to add to their sound, and had put filters on a clarinet, flute and sax so that they were very kind of hollow and droney.

philphie

Banned
HSC
ARRRRRGHGHGHG!!!!!

did they have string accompaniment for ready, able?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
they didn't have any strings so most of their songs sounded a bit different. i dont think they lost anything in that though, ed droste has such an amazing voice

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
oh and chris taylor the bass player hung around afterwards to chat to people and we got to tell him how awesome they were and they were saying that they are hoping to tour australia heaps more regularly

philphie

Banned
HSC
ah good news at last

haha was chris flirting with any guys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)