Votes: 61 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 29.1%

• Total voters

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
did paris hilton come on live tv 12 hours after her arrest and admit she was wrong? how you came to compare hilton and johns is just ridiculous. one is born famous, the other worked his ass off to be famous. one chose to drive her car without licence, the other took drugs to ease his pain. show me the similarity, where?
Drugs to ease his pain? how does ecstasy ease his bipolar disorder pain!:rofl: He became a famous sportstar by using drugs and thats the most disgraceful thing one could do in Sport and thanks to general acceptance of drugs in australia and lax rules he remained undetected throughout his career. This is probably the reason why Australia rarely have successful international athlete. In USA and Europe a simple speculation could ruin a persons career but in Australia you could use drugs and still be a national hero ha ha :rofl:

Bipolar and all other mental diseases and disabilities are already known and researched world wide and I doubt his fellow bipolars' want a druggie to popularise their cause which effectively encourage bioplar disorder sufferers to use drugs.

Whats next? hes suffering from premature ejaculation and therefore he needed methamphetamines to spice up his sex life? Pathetic!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Mate, Harry is just a troll. Fuck him. He knows nothing of any mental illness, or the devastating effects it can have on your psyche. I fell into drugs and alcohol to numb my emotions and soften my falls - and yes, to keep hypo-manic episodes going (although, inevitably, they develop into manic episodes before long..).

And yes, after reading Matty's account of his brothers moods, I had a very strong feeling he was bipolar, Matty explained the moods perfectly. Turning up to practice, rallying the Knights, performing at his best. Then turning up moody and uninterested, refusing to talk. Yes, that sounds very familiar.

While I would never wish this upon anyone, after reading and hearing Joey talking about his demons, that someone as successful and powerful as he can succumb to this disorder and use alcohol and drugs to deal with the side effects, made me feel a little more human.

I was diagnosed with type II until a I had a full blown manic episodes, and psychotic depression, then they decided to up it to bipolar I. I'm BPD too, unfortunatly.

SImON1

HSC
I've always thought there was something behind Andrew's recurring injuries. But I respect him a whole lot more for coming clean and being honest. That is one of the hardest things to do.
I reckon he should still be considered a league legend. Drugs or no drugs. He pushed the game past its limits.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
As has been said again and again on this thread.. what he did off the field has fuck all to do with what he did on it. His critics on this thread need to stop and take a good hard look at themselves. Do you really want to be preaching morality at your age?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
fukken princeharry lolllllllllllllllllll

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Bipolar???

Mental illness is a myth, back in my day (the 50's) there was no such thing, and if anyone was whiny or depressed we'd just give them a good beating and that'd fix the problem.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Seeing how these celebrities , sportstars and politicians always somehow use mental illness as a scapegoat to their failure in life and as an excuse to their horrible deeds, it seems like its glamorous to have those exotic mental disorders nowadays :D

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
we'll make a pact, ignore princeharry and all of his comments, whatever he says, ignore it. just like he doesn't exist.

hell, he never existed in the first place.

jdcb4

HSC
Everyone knew he was an alcho druggy when he was playing. And he was still probably the best league player ever. Get over it. The qualm I have is the soft cock blaming it on depressiuon. Andrew Johns, harden the fuck up.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
H'es not blaming it on depression - he's stating it was part of the reason and it undoubtedly was, but he still stood up and said 'yeah, I fucked up'

I do know people who saw him peaking off his nut however. And he wasn't the only superstar to do so either, and yet he has not named anyone, or accused anyone else of drug taking.

ebbjade

HSC
andrew johns was always a ass kisser. this is karma baby... sure he was good at rugby, but i jus dont like him

ebbjade

HSC
White Rabbit said:
Mate, Harry is just a troll. Fuck him. He knows nothing of any mental illness, or the devastating effects it can have on your psyche. I fell into drugs and alcohol to numb my emotions and soften my falls - and yes, to keep hypo-manic episodes going (although, inevitably, they develop into manic episodes before long..).

And yes, after reading Matty's account of his brothers moods, I had a very strong feeling he was bipolar, Matty explained the moods perfectly. Turning up to practice, rallying the Knights, performing at his best. Then turning up moody and uninterested, refusing to talk. Yes, that sounds very familiar.

While I would never wish this upon anyone, after reading and hearing Joey talking about his demons, that someone as successful and powerful as he can succumb to this disorder and use alcohol and drugs to deal with the side effects, made me feel a little more human.

I was diagnosed with type II until a I had a full blown manic episodes, and psychotic depression, then they decided to up it to bipolar I. I'm BPD too, unfortunatly.
oi dont you think harry thinks like this b'coz there is not enough awareness about the illness... i really dont think there is enough... i really didnt know much about it until i heard about what johns did. honestly...:bomb:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
^ if you say so mate.

perhaps this is what everyone whom he whooped in rugby was hoping for, that's why all of a sudden, everyone says they knew he was doing drugs while he was playing. funny enough, no one said anything whilst he was playing. you know what they say, if you can't beat'em, argue with'em.

the truth is out there, believe what you want, that's all i will say. in the end, johns doesn't live his life to be judged, he lives it for himself. frankly, it won't worry him, or anyone else very much what you think. after all, he whooped your team's ass.

dirtydog67

HSC
No one is saying that he was taking the ecstasy because of his bipolar condition mate that was seperate medication but it contributed towards his depression. There is no way that one of the sports greatest player was carried to the top on a tiny pill. He is a supreme athlete and a beakon of light which has helped establish the game in Australia. Yes he faultered but he is only human. no one is condoning it. we must ask why all these athletes in both nrl and afl seem to be involved in drugs? is there a deep seeded depression at playing in premier divisions?

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
McDonald's fast food chain Australia has released a new McHappy Meal in honour of Andrew "Joey" Johns.

Called the "Joey McHappy Meal", it includes no burger, no fries, no dessert, just some coke and ice.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
PrinceHarry said:
McDonald's fast food chain Australia has released a new McHappy Meal in honour of Andrew "Joey" Johns.

Called the "Joey McHappy Meal", it includes no burger, no fries, no dessert, just some coke and ice.
Already been done for the Ben Cousins debacle, except that was from Burger King.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)