Angels and Demons (1 Viewer)

*mel*

i'm starting to read angels and demons by dan brown, and so far it's almost exactly the same as the da vinci code - robert langdon has been woken up in the middle of the night by a phone call.

should i keep reading or just stuff it and read something else?

rific

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
should i keep reading or just stuff it and read something else?
lol, yes.

Like a whole bunch of authors, Brown is sticking to the formula he likes best, don't expect many differences between his books. Saying that, A & D was written first and I think it's the better of the two books, but I read it first, so that may be why.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i'm not sure which one i liked better, but A&D is definitely good :)

READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

grendel

day dreamer
HSC
N/A
it is similar in style to da vinci code but after you read several books of this genre (conspiracy theory/free mason/illuminati/templar/rosicrucian/...) they all seem the same with the exception of a few. having said that it is an easy read and it shouldn't take you too long to finish.

Abraxus

HSC
i'm reading it right now and am almost finished. yea i realised it was similar in style to the da vinci code but i'm still enjoying it nonetheless. i was pretty impressed with all the brands, how they were all symmetrical and shit.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Its the best of the Dan Brown books!

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I liked it personally. Similar to the Da Vinci Code, but was written before it, hence it being seen as the prequel to the Da Vinci Code.

tempco

HSC
i preferred A&D over Da Vinci Code... so much more... dramatic. the symbols blew me away XD

[trent]

HSC
I loved Angels and Demons...I'm eagerly waiting for a big dan brown conspiracy at the current Papal elections...I see the smoke and the media, but where's the kidnapped Cardinals?!?

*mel*

[trent] said:
I loved Angels and Demons...I'm eagerly waiting for a big dan brown conspiracy at the current Papal elections...I see the smoke and the media, but where's the kidnapped Cardinals?!?

lol i was thinking bout that... Dan Brown books are so popular at such a controversial time.

thanks for ur encouragement guys - i shall keep reading! :D

*mel*

nekkid said:
you needed encouragement? :p
Lol yeah! Sometimes there are so many more other things to do besides reading, so i wanted to know if it was worth reading... does that make sense? :)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
i've read all of dan brown's books......A & D is good but still doesn't beat DVC....yet anyone who does physics will like A & D coz u mite actually understand the terminology

rific

HSC
anyone who thinks I'm sciencey at all is just about as far from the truth as it comes, but I enjoyed the terminology in A&D because I can just make up what I think they're talking about (gotta love the imagination). I know, well I suspect, that what I think they're talking about is probably not what they're actually talking about, but oh well, what can you do?

In short: so long as you enjoy it, don't let words get in the way of a book ;)

mahuligan

HSC
Abraxus said:
i'm reading it right now and am almost finished. yea i realised it was similar in style to the da vinci code but i'm still enjoying it nonetheless. i was pretty impressed with all the brands, how they were all symmetrical and shit.
yeah same here! those brands were awesome..it must have been really difficult to get them just right

fatmuscle

HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
i've read all of dan brown's books......A & D is good but still doesn't beat DVC....yet anyone who does physics will like A & D coz u mite actually understand the terminology
So if you're all sciency you'l like A+D, and if you're geeky, you'll like Digital Fortress?

What I loved about Dan's books were the codes you had to crack at the end of some of his books.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
koopatrooper said:
ive read all his books, they are so good, a &d is me fave. they so should turn it into a movie.
The Da Vinci Code has been made into a movie already! Tom Hanks is Langdon, and Audrey Tatau is Sophie.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i started reading it....got half way through and stopped....so im starting the book again tomoz :)

but the Illumanti (wateva it is) is realli cooooool

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Brown's style is simplistic, but it works for Angels and Demons. I thoroughly recommend you keep reading. And, as far as similarity goes, I think you can expect exactly the same thing for the third Langdon adventure, The Solomon Key, rumoured to be about the Freemasons and the Ku Klux Klan.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)