Announcement (Re: Tutoring) (1 Viewer)

OLDMAN

HSC
N/A
Announcement

For most students in this forum, the interesting and lively on-going discussion of problems and solutions in these threads is sufficient extra-school mathematical study material. However, for some students who may need private, confidential one-on-one help, I am available online with voice and whiteboard via broadband.

Following is a brief summary of my relevant mathematical qualifications.

Professional Maths Tutor 2000-present
BSc. Maths (hons.) University of London
ARCS Imperial College of Science & Technology
Graduate Fellowship, SRI International (formerly Stanford Research Institute)

As a matter of interest, though largely irrelevant, I was Managing Director of a major pastoral company (vineyards, horses, and cattle) here in Mudgee for 14 years before getting bored by it all. Maths is more interesting.

To be sure, Ill continue contributing in this forum posing challenging problems and offering solutions.

email me : ereyes@telstra.com

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'd have to say - Those qualifications look impressive. :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, that could be many many many years away (or just about three). :p

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Thats a really, really stupid comment. His maths experience is so much greater than most people here, and thus contribution is useful and helpful.

Whats so special about HSC maths that means someone with a degree in maths cant do it?

You really are a dumbarse...

turtle_2468

HSC
He doesn't realise that Maths is the only subject still uncorrupted by the HSC syllabus board... well, that and the ancient languages which almost no one does... including me...

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by turtle_2468
He doesn't realise that Maths is the only subject still uncorrupted by the HSC syllabus board... well, that and the ancient languages which almost no one does... including me...
As a point of interest actually, the classics have also been "corrupted" as you call it.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun
Jerry! Jerry!

oh, this should be a spam free maths ext forum, my mistakes :)
Stop it or I'll ban you ...

OLDMAN

HSC
N/A
Thanks Guardian.

Just as an update, broadband as a teaching medium seems slow to catch on, considering the convenience. I had but one Sydney broadband student last year. It worked well, we communicated clearly, he was able to save all the whiteboard discussions we had. He had a reasonably good result :ext1 98%, ext2 93% UAI 99.35 and now accepted to UNSW Law.

Last edited:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
No problem. :)

BTW, for those of you who are interested in his (OLDMAN's) tuition, but can't decide, OR you don't know about his competency, go to his website and look at his analysis of some papers. ^__^ Even if you aren't interested in OLDMAN's tuition, go and look at the analysis anyway, its nice. :)

BTW, the link you have on your profile doesn't work, thats why I posted up the correct one.

You have posted up:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/www.users.bigpond.net.au/gotmaths/
Which is obviously dodgy. What you want is:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/gotmaths/

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by OLDMAN
Thanks Guardian.

Just as an update, broadband as a teaching medium seems slow to catch on, considering the convenience. I had but one Sydney broadband student last year. It worked well, we communicated clearly, he was able to save all the whiteboard discussions we had. He had a reasonably good result :ext1 98%, ext2 93% UAI 99.35 and now accepted to UNSW Law.
Reasonably? Goddamnit man, what's a good result for you?

OLDMAN

HSC
N/A
Thought might be a good idea not to puff up too much considering there might be a few Ruse types lurking around, and .35 is mediocre!

btw well done, tell me you are not another medical maths wiz again?

oops, should have read your subscripts more- advanced maths, great!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)