Another - 10 units or 12 units post. (1 Viewer)

The Professor

HSC
Hello, all

The stress levels of prelim have resulted to doing terrible things, reading novels, playing league and watching films during my mid-year exams.
I obviously flunked them but overall I received around 60-85% in all my subjects.
Any who, that's not what matters.
I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH MY SUBJECTS

Maths 2 units
Eng 3 units
SOR 1 unit (compulsory)
Chem 2 units
Bio 2 units
Business studies 2 units

My chemistry teacher is ... Horrible. He doesn't go through the syllabus; rather designates us a few pages to summarise and answer questions from our text book every lesson. I hate him. :)
I didn't do so well in maths because well .. I didn't provide an adequate amount of time to practice.

Anyways, i always get off topic .. I really don't like business studies. I am doing OK, 85% overall. But it's so boring. HOW AM I TO COPE
I want to drop it but fear the worst - Stuffing up.
I would pick up Eng ext 2 but I don't believe I could do well in it.
What should I do? 12 or 10 units?

Thank you.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I wild advise you to attempt 12 units and see how it goes. In the case that it doesn't work out for you, just drop one subject/extension.

bluecrisps

HSC
Keep all your units!! I think it's better safe than sorry. Some of my teachers don't teach much too, so yea, just gotta try and learn stuff by yourself, use a wide range of resources and try make your own notes using the syllabus dot points.

Combo

beast
HSC
if you know your shit then 10 if you dont and not sure and want to waste time on a backup subject 12

norwegianwood

HSC
watching films during my mid-year exams.
i did this during my half-yearlies in year TWELVE so relax kid.
anyway, i do just 10 units because i absolutely hated one of my subjects (ancient history) - if you really don't like business then drop it.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Stressing already... Imagine when you get to HSC.

deloving

HSC
It's not really that much of a safety net. Extra 2 units on top of all your subject is a lot of work, and there is no guarantee it will be any good of a back up anyway. Unless it's a subject you really don't want to drop because you like it, then that's a different story I guess.

The Professor

HSC
Stressing already... Imagine when you get to HSC.
My teachers said that my stress levels were steady, and that I should keep it at that level.
I might've just gotten a little distracted too.

Well, I think I might just stick to 12 units. Despite the extra work ... but we'll see.

Coetez

HSC
Stress is for the weak.

Seriously though, if you know you're going to do worse in a subject than others already and it won't contribute to your ATAR, I'd drop it. There's no point soldiering on through something you know won't count, the time is probably better spent elsewhere. If you feel confident in your creative writing you can also pick up Ext 2 English and do 11 units, a nice middle ground. :) good luck with whatever you choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)