another ATAR estimate =D (1 Viewer)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Hey there!
Alrighty, so trials are done and final ranks are in - would anyone please be able to give me a rough idea of what my ATAR is going to look like??

I must warn you, I didn't do fantastic in my CSSA trials (i.e. Chemistry and Maths 2U!!), will most probably be doing a lot better in all subjects come HSC... fingers crossed!

Studies of Religion I -- 1/59 [trial mark = 92%]

English (Advanced) -- 2/31 [trial mark = 85%*]
*AOS brought me down heeeaps, modules were fantastic, hoping English mark will be MUCH higher in HSC with more practise!

Mathematics -- 1/19 [trial mark = 90%**]
** LOOOOOOL! yeah, that's what happens when you don't study or sleep; compare with 97+ average... oops =S

Chemistry -- 1/11 [trial mark = 80%]

Biology -- 1/21 [trial mark = 88%]

Mathematics Extension 1 -- 1/8 [trial mark = 87%]

I'm gunning for medicine at UNCLE, needing a 94.3 --- what do you reckon my chances are?

I should probably point out that my school's rank is not erm... fantastic - 2008 it was just under 150.

Also, what kind of HSC exam marks/bands do you reckon will be a bare minumum for me to get around 95???
edit: this last part doesn't make sense! ok, reword - if i got say mostly band 6's and a couple of band 5's in say, english and chemistry, would a 95 still be likely??

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Your final ATAR will be basically up to you as you are coming 1st for pretty much everything.

Based on your results for the CSSA trials, i'm estimating 98+

Finx

HSC
Your final ATAR will be basically up to you as you are coming 1st for pretty much everything.
^ This.

Because you're so highly ranked, you have no risk of other students dragging you down after the HSC exams (ie during alignment). If you can be consistent with these scores in the HSC, you'll hit over 95 for sure.

To your latter query, a 95 is definitely possible if you get high band 5's in chemistry and advanced english.

PS; I liked the setting out of your post. Easy to read through =]

emmcyclopedia

HSC
thanks to both of you - this is really encouraging, good to know I'm on the right track!
good luck over the coming weeks in your studies too =) :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)