Another tutoring thread... COME ON IN! English, History, Legal Studies! (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
Hey guys!
I graduated in 2011 with an ATAR of 97.90 and am offering tutoring for English, Ancient History, History Extension and Legal Studies. I'm currently in my 2nd year of International Studies and Law at UNSW. I am extremely dedicated and have experience in teaching and all the skills associated to tutoring, having assisted several students over the past year and a half. My skills of teaching have extended beyond the classroom and I have a bounty of experience in terms of volunteering and education.

Communication is key
As a tutor, I think communication is crucial in developing an understanding for a course. My method of teaching is humanising the topics we learn. I attempt to make sure what you learn can be seen through your experiences and perspectives. By doing so, this simplifies the course and makes it far more enjoyable. Through my experience, a number of students have suffered from this problem, largely at the hand of the school's inadequate teaching. By humanising the topics you learn, particularly for English and other humanities, you can see the bigger picture and ultimately, the reason why you are learning these topics (often not mentioned in schools).

Experience
I have tutored over two years now, working privately and in colleges. I have assisted several students in seeing a substantial improvement in their marks.

- Dux College: I'm still an active English and humanities teacher, working particularly in Standard and Advanced English. So I have a strong understanding of student's general strengths and weaknesses.
- UNSW Law Faculty Schools Legal Education Group Mentor: I've worked at various schools, teaching students Legal Studies including North Sydney Boys High School and Strathfield Girls High School. So I'm trained and adept when it comes to students and catering to their needs.
- UNSW Student Equity and Disabilities Unit Ambassador and Mentor: I've worked as a mentor for the department that deals with disadvantaged and special needs students at the UNSW. As a result, I understand the needs of various students and what I must do to accomodate them in terms of the HSC.

Marks
Advanced English: 95/100
Ancient History: 96/100
History Extension: 47/50
Legal Studies: 97/100

Rates
- $50/1.5 hours
- $37.50/1.5 hours per person for groups (2 people - more people will involve a decreased rate)

You may be wondering why 90 minutes? I don't follow the traditional one hour framework largely because it is insufficient. I feel that explanations alone take up half the time frame. Likewise, I believe a two hour framework may be too long for students, particularly those who already have had a long day of tuition from others. 90 minutes is sufficient because I can ensure explanation and clarification over concepts, alongside you briefly doing some work.

- South West (Fairfield, Liverpool, Cabramatta and Bonnyrigg)
- My home as I have a whiteboard which will contribute to a classroom environment.
- Local library of your own preference.
- UNSW

Contact Details
PM me or contact me at my email: leslie_phung93@live.com.au. Provide details regarding the topics you are undertaking and areas of weaknesses that you would liked to be addressed.

So don’t be shy in contacting me !!

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Those are some pretty good marks. How did that get you only a 97.90 ATAR?

I would have thought marks like that would give you at LEAST a 98.50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)