Another UAI Estimate (1 Viewer)

2700wrms

HSC
Just would like to know if I can get 82 to do my desired course at Uni. Traisl start next week as well. My school is in the top 50 if that helps.

Business Studies - 4/46

Economics - 7/26

Geography - 4/12

General Mathematics - 5/45

Studies of Religion - 30 / 116

English (Advanced) - 30/60

2700wrms

HSC
I've been doing the hard yards etc as much as I hate it, do you think, if I could even push to 85 to be safe, do you rkn it is possible, I know its impossibly hard to say and predict, but if I just get above the future averages 'just', or should I be working my absolute guts off, as I'm not the working type.

T

Troy2287

I'd be working your gut off even if you think your safe. Anything can happen. It's only another 15 weeks until HSC...which is not much time in comparison to your entire life. I'd certainly be prepared to flog my guts out for 15 weeks and be sure to get 82+ then risk not getting it and be stuck in a hole for my future when the results come out.

2700wrms

HSC
I'm seriously over the whole school thing mate. Walk in a class same old shit for the last 6 years. If someone came and handed me an 80 I would walk out tomorrow morning. Just need that degree to back me up later in life, and thats the reality of it all these days, its all toy. Some people in school might not give a shit, but ultimately be a real intelligent individual with ideas and schemes, but because he was never interested in school gets copped with being a labourer. Just wrong

T

Troy2287

Not necessarily...there are other ways to get into Uni. Tafe for example...you can do a bridging course for certain subjects (it takes approx 1yr to complete).

I know how you feel...i'm the same. But I do see it like this: If I don't try hard enough over the next 15 weeks (like I did for the trials...I averaged 64%) and flonk the HSC, that means i've just wasted the last 2 years of my life coming to school each day and putting up with all the crap, when I could be half way through an apprenticeship.

My trials were a wake-up...I put those marks into the SAM and got a 39.xx UAI back. That told me if I don't try, i'm an idiot.

It's up to you, but stick with it...in 5months you'll be jumping over the moon...finished school and a good enough UAI for Uni.

2700wrms

HSC
Yeah I totally and honestly agree with what you've displayed to me.

Although I honestly think that the UAI shouldn't be the final determination of getting into a certain course at uni, to a certain degree it should be.

I think the interview process should be implemented on a broad scale, because there are some absolute dopes out there getting awersome marks by fluke, yes you heard me fluke, and I think for entry into a course, it should a half decent UAI, but also a on the spot general knowledge test (not hard, but something can't can't in any way study for) and on the spot questions about yourself and your intentions of doing the course. Lets call it a screening process.

T

Troy2287

So your not happy with the UAI entry scheme? Well to be honest with you, i've been a little skeptical about it myself over the last few months.

You can say that a year of school can determine your final results, but I think it should be based on both year 11 and 12. Count prelim assessments for rankings, that way the load is spread out. It means that bludgers won't 'fluke' it and it releases stress from students.

I don't know what can be done as for not getting a high enough UAI and getting direct entry into Uni though. If a student knows full-well that at the end of year 12, he/she will be given a UAI to get into Uni, they should have the maturity at this age to grow up and do some study. If they don't it filters out the rock from the gold. Why should they get a 2nd chance to enter Uni directly, if they've just spent a year pissing around? Doesn't make sense to me :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
2700wrms said:
Just would like to know if I can get 82 to do my desired course at Uni. Traisl start next week as well. My school is in the top 50 if that helps.

Business Studies - 4/46

Economics - 7/26

Geography - 4/12

General Mathematics - 5/45

Studies of Religion - 30 / 116

English (Advanced) - 30/60
Our schools is not ranked top 50. It was 101st last year.

But seein that 30% > 90 UAI, 82 seems pretty easy with your mark/rank.

2700wrms

HSC
Update after Trials

Ranks are as follows

Business - 6/ 46
Economics - 7/26
General Mathematics - 8/49
Geography - 4/12
English Advanced - 35/60
Religion - who cares

82.50 possible with average HSC marks (forget the variables)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)