Answers - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
This is what I put for the multiple choice. I thought they were extremely easy. I am close my eyes and do it :D Kidding...

1. D
2. A
3. B
4. C
5. D
6. B
7. B
8. C
9. A
10. B
11. D - tricky :)
12. C
13. C - tricky :)
14. A
15. D

Is anyone disgreeing with my answers?

mel85

I disagree with both of your 'tricky' question answers. For Q11, I got C, & for Q13 I got B.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hmm... I think you are definitely wrong with Q11 C
It's NOT C because it says Organism that GROW IN or on the human body do not cause disease."
Which is incorrect. Becuase E. coli that lives in the human intestinal tract causes disease in the human body, however, it does not causes disease when it is in the intestinal tract.

In Q 13, M is the Xylem becuase Xylem is larger in size, and is located in the inner area of the cortex. Whereas phloem is located outside of the cortex closer to the epidermis. Therefore, C is correct.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I guessed C for 13, but almost everyone so far is confident in B. *sigh* I can never guess right. :(

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
I guessed C for 13, but almost everyone so far is confident in B. *sigh* I can never guess right. :(
Did you guessed it with your heart or with your mind? Coz your heart is always right.

13 C is correct.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Survivor39

In Q 13, M is the Xylem becuase Xylem is larger in size, and is located in the inner area of the cortex. Whereas phloem is located outside of the cortex closer to the epidermis. Therefore, C is correct.

but M is smaller dan W tho??

mel85

hmm... I think you are definitely wrong with Q11 C
It's NOT C because it says Organism that GROW IN or on the human body do not cause disease."
Which is incorrect. Becuase E. coli that lives in the human intestinal tract causes disease in the human body, however, it does not causes disease when it is in the intestinal tract.

Oh well, 14/15 is ok!! :)

tempco

HSC
Was up at the top, or at the bottom? Can't seem to remember the picture...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Did you guessed it with your heart or with your mind? Coz your heart is always right.
Awwww how sweet. ;)

I guessed it with both, my heart was telling me the good old 'when in doubt, choose C', and my mind was saying 'Biology is almost over! Pick C and get on with it, dammit!'.

:)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
but M is smaller dan W tho??
M is Xylem, look at the large "half" cirle.

Originally posted by mel85
Oh well, 14/15 is ok!! :)
Sorry to tell you this, actaully it's 13/15. Coz you got Q 11 and 13 incorrect.

tempco

HSC
I assumed that the circles that had thick lining were the xylem, since they had the thick lignified walls. So the bottom circles would be passive, and the top would be active. Which answer is that?

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
I assumed that the circles that had thick lining were the xylem, since they had the thick lignified walls. So the bottom circles would be passive, and the top would be active. Which answer is that?

B. Which is what I had.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
You can't determine whether it is xylem and phloem by purely looking at the "thickness" of the cirle!

When you draw a dicot stem, the phloem is outside of the xylem, that is, it is closer to the epidermis (the outside skin).
Therefore, the correct answer is C for Q13 as M is Passive because it is a xylem and W is the phloem and thus Active.

tempco

HSC
How did you determine which side (top or bottom) of the picture was the epidermis?

Plus, I don't think they would just bold the lines to a noticeable degree without a reason. If there was no point in bolding them, they wouldn't have.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well, tell me, why is the thicker circles are considered as Xylem?

Xylem is larger overall because they have to carry water and inorganic material. Lokk at the overall area of M! Is it larger than W?? Yes it is.

PappaSmurf

Xylem is larger overall because they have to carry water and inorganic material. Lokk at the overall area of M! Is it larger than W?? Yes it is.
Survivor wins.

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC

Hmm, the overall area of M being which? the smaller circles where it is actually pointing?

Also, why they'd be bold would be for the lignin as NekkidSerpent pointed out. Just some thoughts.

PappaSmurf.. seriously..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)