Anti Islam converence lists Abbot (1 Viewer)

get_born

WonkaHead22 said:
pfft!

seriously why convert ppl?

why not let them find their own meaning instead of enforcing it onto them....
converting isn't enforcing them...ppl convert out of their own free will because it is there they have found their meaning...the menaing they want to take on in life.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
last_chance said:
converting isn't enforcing them...ppl convert out of their own free will because it is there they have found their meaning...the menaing they want to take on in life.
exactly right...we just give them the information..after that it's their choice

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
BreaKing said:
go on, convert me then. :)
we dont try to convert people and go around letting it be known
it just so happens that when a non muslims asks ..
we deliver and we answer their questions and if they believe what we say and want to accept islam and muslims ways
then they revert

i know a guy who was eating a saussage and said..this saussage is really nice to his muslim friend
and the guy said thats because its a halal saussage
he was like whats that..never heard of it
so his friend said what halal is and why muslims eat it that way
and the guy was like wtf is a muslim?..and he read up on it and did some research and now he is a muslim because he has accepted the faith..by his own free will..no one made him..no one tried to get him to become muslims..

his friend never even mentioned it to him until he asked..

ahmad

HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
go on, convert me then. :)
Well i dont think i have enough knowledge to...when u are attempting to convert someone u need the knowledge to answer their questions...i can answer some but that will not be enough...u just think im bullshitin because i cant back up my answers

somebody else give it go

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ahmad said:
Well i dont think i have enough knowledge to...when u are attempting to convert someone u need the knowledge to answer their questions...i can answer some but that will not be enough...u just think im bullshitin because i cant back up my answers

somebody else give it go
i dont think hes serious
firstly you dont say.."convert me..go on then"..if ur really interested in islam
because if i want to convert u will
u dont need anyone to convince you
second of all he totally discriminates against muslims..from what i can perceive
didnt he makie a second account and make a thread about how much he hates muslims..like wtf?
and if he has all the evidence and information he needs in various threads and links have been posted..if he wants
but Allah u alam

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
over the holidays, my step-grandmother converted and because of that, her four kids did too(my half-aunts and uncle). its really a beautiful thing when you see someone take their shahada and then see the difference its made in their lives.

Breaking, we dont want to convert you... if you want, we give you the information you require, answer all your questions and then, if you decide its answered them satisfactorily, and believe there is only one God and that Muhammad is his final prophet and messenger, you declare the shahada in front of two Muslims and thats it. You become a Muslim. Dont make it sound like were on this active mission to try and convert every1 we know. We simply let people know what Islam is about.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SabtheLab said:
over the holidays, my step-grandmother converted and because of that, her four kids did too(my half-aunts and uncle). its really a beautiful thing when you see someone take their shahada and then see the difference its made in their lives.

Breaking, we dont want to convert you... if you want, we give you the information you require, answer all your questions and then, if you decide its answered them satisfactorily, and believe there is only one God and that Muhammad is his final prophet and messenger, you declare the shahada in front of two Muslims and thats it. You become a Muslim. Dont make it sound like were on this active mission to try and convert every1 we know. We simply let people know what Islam is about.
yes it not a matter of converting people
its more to erase their misconceptions of islam
so far that what i seem to be trying to do
coz so many people have islam all wrong

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
soha said:
i dont think hes serious
firstly you dont say.."convert me..go on then"..if ur really interested in islam
because if i want to convert u will
u dont need anyone to convince you
second of all he totally discriminates against muslims..from what i can perceive
didnt he makie a second account and make a thread about how much he hates muslims..like wtf?
and if he has all the evidence and information he needs in various threads and links have been posted..if he wants
but Allah u alam
haha chill, i don't hate muslims at all

Brack

HSC
Correct me if I am wrong, but its inappropriate and bigoted to generalise about any racial or religious group, even if you may have had contact with unpleasant elements of a particular group. For two main reasons, as far as I see it:

1. because you cannot attribute their behaviour necessarily to their "faith" or "race" alone. It might contribute... but then again it might not, depending upon how devout the beliefs are, etc. Anyhow I think you'd be hardpressed to prove such a connection.

2. because all humans are rotten to one another, regardless of their race, faith and other constituents of their identity. At the same time, there are people amongst all humanity who act decently to one another, not necessarily when you would expect them to either.

Lastly, I think in defense of both Christianity and Islam as faiths, there have been horrible things done in the name of both Christ and Allah, who both would be absolutely disgusted by. What I am saying is that faiths themselves do not create hatred but rather there are people who "claim" to be Christians or Muslims who aren't committed at all, or living and thinking in a manner that their religion encourages. I may be wrong but I have a suspicion that the people who commit atrocities in the name of their faith are unbelievers themself, or seriously misguided in their beliefs and very much unsupported by those who are geniune and devout in their faith

I have many Christian and Muslim friends at School, and personally I think that Christians and Muslims share more in common than they do with the Material Humanists which make up a growing majority of the Western World's population. After all, both these groups seek to serve God and others before themselves, and place their faith in God rather than themselves. This is not to say that Christians and Muslims aren't very different, but to live peacefully and respectfully together we must appreciate each others differences and similarities.

Religious Tolerance shouldn't be changing people's beliefs and watering them down so that they are all the same and don't disagree with one another. That isn't tolerance at all. Tolerance is respectfully allowing others to practice their beliefs, in the hope that they will grant you the same courtesy.

Let God Judge.

get_born

Brack said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but its inappropriate and bigoted to generalise about any racial or religious group, even if you may have had contact with unpleasant elements of a particular group. For two main reasons, as far as I see it:

1. because you cannot attribute their behaviour necessarily to their "faith" or "race" alone. It might contribute... but then again it might not, depending upon how devout the beliefs are, etc. Anyhow I think you'd be hardpressed to prove such a connection.

2. because all humans are rotten to one another, regardless of their race, faith and other constituents of their identity. At the same time, there are people amongst all humanity who act decently to one another, not necessarily when you would expect them to either.

Lastly, I think in defense of both Christianity and Islam as faiths, there have been horrible things done in the name of both Christ and Allah, who both would be absolutely disgusted by. What I am saying is that faiths themselves do not create hatred but rather there are people who "claim" to be Christians or Muslims who aren't committed at all, or living and thinking in a manner that their religion encourages. I may be wrong but I have a suspicion that the people who commit atrocities in the name of their faith are unbelievers themself, or seriously misguided in their beliefs and very much unsupported by those who are geniune and devout in their faith

I have many Christian and Muslim friends at School, and personally I think that Christians and Muslims share more in common than they do with the Material Humanists which make up a growing majority of the Western World's population. After all, both these groups seek to serve God and others before themselves, and place their faith in God rather than themselves. This is not to say that Christians and Muslims aren't very different, but to live peacefully and respectfully together we must appreciate each others differences and similarities.

Religious Tolerance shouldn't be changing people's beliefs and watering them down so that they are all the same and don't disagree with one another. That isn't tolerance at all. Tolerance is respectfully allowing others to practice their beliefs, in the hope that they will grant you the same courtesy.

Let God Judge.
WOW! I couldn't have summed up everything better my self...you have a really good veiw o things...but just one thing about the whole doing something in the name of Allah or Christ...im not sure if your refering to the jihad thing...but i just felt like saying that that whole idea of jihad doesnt mean bombing yourself up...as all muslims know suicide is against the islamic religion. In addition, jihad is a sacrifice but it starts with yourself first. for eg. going to school with the intention of learning so you can get a good mark and then one day going out into the community to do good and help others is a form of sacrifice. Earning money the good way (halal) way instead of earning it the bad way (haram) is also a form of jihad. But anyway going back to the topic i do agree 100% that it is important for everone to tolerate one another, as tolerance builds respect, knowledge and harmony.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
soha said:
we dont try to convert people and go around letting it be known
it just so happens that when a non muslims asks ..
we deliver and we answer their questions and if they believe what we say and want to accept islam and muslims ways
then they revert

i know a guy who was eating a saussage and said..this saussage is really nice to his muslim friend
and the guy said thats because its a halal saussage
he was like whats that..never heard of it
so his friend said what halal is and why muslims eat it that way
and the guy was like wtf is a muslim?..and he read up on it and did some research and now he is a muslim because he has accepted the faith..by his own free will..no one made him..no one tried to get him to become muslims..

his friend never even mentioned it to him until he asked..
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to soha again.

why does it always say that?
every time i want to rep u... the same thing happens... and i havnt been able to rep u for the past 2 months...

lol.. anyways.... nice post... i especially love the story.... well done

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to last_chance again.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Brack said:

Let God Judge.
nicely said

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I just figured i'd say, although it could be for political reasons or whatever... I'm very proud of that shiek who's gone over in iraq to try to save that guys life.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I just figured i'd say, although it could be for political reasons or whatever... I'm very proud of that shiek who's gone over in iraq to try to save that guys life.
finally, im just happy people recognise that muslims do good for other people

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ahmad said:
finally, im just happy people recognise that muslims do good for other people
It really was a big sign i think.. and I think the media showed it from the wrong angle, I would of prefered if they focused on the 'good' side of islam instead of just "maybe this guy can save him!!"

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
It really was a big sign i think.. and I think the media showed it from the wrong angle, I would of prefered if they focused on the 'good' side of islam instead of just "maybe this guy can save him!!"
the media alawys does that..not surprised

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)