Anti-Procrastination Logbook 2014 (1 Viewer)

AppleSauce

HSC
N/A
Aim:
I used to think I could scape a 97 ATAR but have realised that it's almost impossible with my current marks.
Instead I'm hoping for a 90+ and transfer my way into a course (if possible).

Current subjects:
- English Advanced - 85%
- English Extension 1 - 52%
- English Extension 2 - 90%
- Mathematics - 88.7%
- Mathematics Extension 1 - 68.8%
- Modern History - 84%
- Biology - 60% ??
- Economics - 87 or 88 HSC mark (I forget)
Underlined: planning to drop

General thoughts on subjects:
English Advanced:
Relieved but disappointed. I'm slightly above average but my marks have deteriorated from the high 90s I received in Prelim. I'm usually very volatile with marks. For example, the last exam I got full marks in one essay and 66% for the other.
English Extension 1:
I mind-blanked in the exam. 20/25 for the essay and 5/25 for the creative. Illness/Misadventure. English practice essays have become very difficult for me as I feel so much more self-doubt, spending hours upon hours on them. They have become really unfocused these days, seen in my B range essay mark.
English Extension 2:
Despite appearing to do well, they were major flukes which I did the night before. I'm planning to drop EE2 as I haven't truly started for my major work and report. It's due in <10 days. Should just hand in something terrible instead instead of dropping? Any advice?
Mathematics:
I think I'm fairly alright, though I know I should be getting 90+ here.
Mathematics Extension 1:
Pretty terrible but maths is one of the subjects where there's a direct correlation between effort and results. I've always felt that if I put more work in, I'd do alright. This was confirmed in the marks of my first assessment. However, as I did not have enough of a foundation to do more difficult questions, I failed my last assessment.
Modern History:
I don't think I'm on steady ground yet but have managed to get slightly above average marks.
Biology:
Whilst I had also had my illness/misadventure approved (exam mark of about 50%) and could potentially salvage my marks, I don't want to. There's just too much content and I don't have the best memorisation skills.
Economics:
Over and done with. Still disappointed that I couldn't manage a Band 6. I started out well with 19/20 and it just went downhill from there.

Work ethic:
I perhaps do < 1 hour of actual homework and study each day (over two to three hours at home, multitasking watching TV shows.) and prepare for my exams one or two weeks before. This has been the same for all of my high school life. I currently have my exams starting in 1.5 weeks and have done next to nothing. I've created this work logbook to perhaps recognise how little I accomplish daily and become motivated to study by being shamed into doing so by myself and random BOSers. Hopefully this will be my last cram session.

My plan today:
28/5/2014
- do an hour of exercises on SHM
- finish Module B draft (hopefully?)
I'll probably update whenever I'm done.

Feel free to offer any advice, be it information on uni transfers, study skills or just words of encouragement/disappointment.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
hey reading your intro, i don't think you should drop ee2. just hand in a draft, refine it and then submit your MW to the board. the worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't count, but you still have one of your units done.

best of luck btw :)

mokta

HSC
N/A
Lately I switched back and forth between Viber and Line. They both have very cute emoticons, which I find awefull attractive for texting. However the calling quality is not so good for both so I'm still looking for one more VoIP app for my phone. I'll try out that Libon and Global Calll apps and tell you how they do ^^ good luck with the college application buddy!!

mokta

HSC
N/A
Never succeeded in resisting procrastination myself haha. Good luck man!

Therese98

HSC
Doesn't the fact that this is useless online activity defeat the purpose of anti-procrastination? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)