• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (3 Viewers)

Ero

HSC
Johns has sent out offers, and Ursula according to the people above that got offers.
Odd, my first preference was Johns and I am yet to receive anything whilst the Accommodation site still has my application as "currently being considered by Johns". The wait is getting tedious.

cricketfan10

HSC
omg, my second pref was ursula and i didnt get it even though other people have. now it says

Your application is currently being considered by: APP Burton & Garran Hall

which was my third pref. id really not like to go there given that i cant cook :(

cricketfan10

HSC
btw, i have a question for accepting your offer on the ANU website, im not sure where you have to go? have people already accepted theirs?

edit: nvm, found that form just then lol.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
omg, my second pref was ursula and i didnt get it even though other people have. now it says

which was my third pref. id really not like to go there given that i cant cook :(
lol, at least you'll be on campus. I’m now hoping Fenner is full and it will go to Burton & Garran Hall for me. I wanted catered too – works out a lot cheaper, I did'nt get catered, I would like it at least to be on campus. lol.

cricketfan10

HSC
lol, at least you'll be on campus. I’m now hoping Fenner is full and it will go to Burton & Garran Hall for me. I wanted catered too – works out a lot cheaper, I did'nt get catered, I would like it at least to be on campus. lol.
hmm hopefully its a process where all your preferred colleges check your details...

ok that's being a bit desperate lol. but yeh on campus would still be better...altho im really going to be struggling with food -_-

if the e-mail doesn't come today, another 2-3 days to wait :burn: its been killing me!

Last edited:

emiline

HSC
I think I am at the stage where I would kill to have an offer by now!
COME ON!

So do you get an email as well as a portal notification thingo?

cricketfan10

HSC
probably

who here is from melbourne? any of u going to that thing on feb 3rd?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
They close at 5, so I guess if we don’t hear in the next half hour then we are waiting until Tuesday :(

dreamee

HSC

SAME!!! my first was burgmann, and 2nd was bruce. :-( I can't cook to save my life!!!

also... the status says: Application Received. gah... should say 'Academic Offer Accepted' since i accepted on 21st! :confused:

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
I was at the front office at bruce to pick up a package, and saw some room allocations/re-allocations going on. There may have been some mix-up or something that may delay Bruce offers.

emiline

HSC
Same Dreamee.... My thing still says "Application Received" even though I have accepted an academic offer and Bruce was my first preference and no-one has said that Bruce has made offers yet, so maybe they will be next Tuesday and Wednesday....Someone please affirm this totally optimistic thought...Bruce offers WILL come out to all next week....PLEASE!

Ero

HSC
Same Dreamee.... My thing still says "Application Received" even though I have accepted an academic offer and Bruce was my first preference and no-one has said that Bruce has made offers yet, so maybe they will be next Tuesday and Wednesday....Someone please affirm this totally optimistic thought...Bruce offers WILL come out to all next week....PLEASE!
Don't listen to people as they are usually wrong. I've applied to Johns and have had someone tell me Johns offers are already out - yet my status on the portal is still under consideration by Johns - so I remain optimistic. Also I really doubt they do them in one big batch, so while some people might have Johns or Bruce offers so far, this in no way means they have all been done.

Also I would not worry about the "application received" "offer made" status thing at all. Mine is is set to 'academic offer made" while a friend of mine has "application received" yet there is no difference between the two. On that as well, i have spoken to many people in a similar boat so I really see no reason to fret over it, its just an barely updated feature.

blacksunset

HSC
a friend of mine got his offer for bruce awhile back. dont stress if you cant cook - i had b&g as my fourth preference last year and thats what i got into - and i like it, and am glad i am at b&g rather than anywhere else :)

emiline

HSC
Ok so starts the Tuesday and Wednesday of waiting....
Let us know how you go and keep us posted!

cricketfan10

HSC
i was pretty damn bored a couple of nights ago so i had a look at the information on accommodation thread, going back to around this time last yr, some people didn't get offers until like 2 weeks after academic offers. and to top it off there were a couple who didn't even get one of their preferences. this better not happen again -_-

moc2009

HSC
N/A
i was pretty damn bored a couple of nights ago so i had a look at the information on accommodation thread, going back to around this time last yr, some people didn't get offers until like 2 weeks after academic offers. and to top it off there were a couple who didn't even get one of their preferences. this better not happen again -_-
That sucks! If that happens we’d only know a few days before we move down there.

I’m just curious about the self catered ones if anyone knows, I was reading that you keep your food in a shared fridge – does your food get stolen much? I don’t want to spend money on food shopping for the week only for someone to steel it!

I wanted catered, but I doubt I’ll be getting that.

cricketfan10

HSC
Lol yeh that would suck, but im sure i read somewhere that you get a lock for your compartment or something. otherwise it'd be way too easy to steal i would think...and there will always be some kids who won't give a shit

Btw, what's the deal with the second round of offers? anyone know if we still get those even after getting one in the first round?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)