Anxiety Attacks.. (1 Viewer)

john31459

HSC
N/A
basketcase89 said:
Whatever you do, try not to get started on the meds.
I'm sure you have good intentions, but how can you dish out medical advice like that?

If someone seriously has a problem they should talk to their doctor and make an informed decision.

Medications aren't for everyone, but they can help people.

yosemite sam

HSC
I've had anxiety attacks from a mix of exam stress and other problems and I've found that trying to calm my breathing helps, but obviously it doesnt for everyone. I takes nervaids, which are herbal tablets that have a calming and mild sedative affect that you can get from the chemists to try and prevent them...i'm also trying to keep the whole hsc dealio in perspective. it really isnt the end of the world and youve got to remember that. even if the course that you want to do needs a 95 and youre stressed about whether youll get into it or not, youve got to remember that there are other ways to get where you want to be without a uai (backdoor through other courses etc.) taking each assessment one at a time also helps, and try to give it all youve got, but not so much that you have nothing left for everything else. and...really, if the course you want needs a uai of 95 or whatever and you cant handle hsc pressure, maybe you should rethink your career goals cos im pretty sure uni pressures going to be a lot worse when coupled with work, living away from home, social life etc....just a thought. but yeah, nervaids rock my world!

HSC
playing sport or music is always a good way to release any tension u got

i like playing football or cricket in the backyard, or when i feel like it, i'll sit down and play piano for a half hour, just playing stuff i used to play when i was having lessons

do sumfing that allows for release, u'll feel much better, trust me

Wackedupwacko

HSC
believe it or not ... hsc should not be purely about studying.. worrying about results studying... anxiety about upcoming exams.. studying... because that will just lead to a mental break down somewhere along the line... which... well could screw up your hsc (i say could.. u may b able to apply for misadventure/access depending on severity time etc).

as a preventive u things u like or just sit around doing nothing but listening to music and watching tv... if you think your wasting time then set yourself time to work and time not to work... (and it doesnt have to be a regular pattern kind of thing) as long as say u do abuot... x hours of work in the week .. the rest is up to you. be warned chatting is not always a good relaxing thing... you usually tend to have 1 or 2 people that mayb b ur friend but still bug u with things like "howd u go for question blah?" and "oh *@$^ i lost 2 marks here and there.. that means the highest i can get is 98% XD"... they tend to make you worry/feel anxious so avoid that... you should destress on a regular basis particularly after exam blocks ... (leave yourself a nice gap of time where you do absolutely 0 work post exam block).

and finally hsc isnt the end all for you. that is the most important thing. it doesnt say your life will be rich and fullfilled if you get 100 in it. its merely a thing that *tries* to help you get a headstart in careers. if you dont do well there will always be other choices and other paths so dont spend your time feeling anxious about thigns like that.

L

littlewing69

john31459 said:
I'm sure you have good intentions, but how can you dish out medical advice like that?

If someone seriously has a problem they should talk to their doctor and make an informed decision.

Medications aren't for everyone, but they can help people.
I think he's commenting more on the way our society as a whole seems hooked on prescription meds than on any particular case...

OP:

Stop freaking out. Term 1 is small fry. You still have Christmas hols before the shit really hits the fan. Just power through, k?

HSC
hey guys..
thanx for the advice..
I've only had a few attacks since i started this thread and have moved instead to bodily pains aka migraines, stomach cramps, dizziness...
But all round i'd say i'm less stressed now that i've ploughed through a couple of assessments...Though one must be aware that i've always been a nervous person and its not just the hsc that is causing my anxiety..
Thanx everyone for your help and insight...i'm sure others will be able to gain from this thread so if you have any advice people, please do post it..
Thanx.

dr.denk

HSC
STRESSSSSSSSSSSSS IS VERY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, we all know that the HSC is very important, but its not the end of the world. However, this never helps me get through it, lol. No matter how may times im told that the HSC isnt the end of the world, i still stress, lol. i think it's the fact that we want to do well, and have that reasurance of uni waiting for us.

I used to get attacks, i got massssssssiiiiively huge headaches that nearly drove me to kiill my self, lol. I went to the doctor and they found an anarachnoid cyst, lol. I I thought it was bad, but it was normal:S Anyways, the doctor told me to stress less, but how is that possible????

So i got some tablets :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LEAGAL ONES TO. Just go to your local herbal shop, or those ones that seel vitamins and shit. Ask for stress relief ones. I use ST johns, and they calm me down so much, lol.

Anyways i have no idea why i wrote so much, probs cause im bored. But if you guys are really stressed, talk to someone about it, parents, someone who has already passed the HSC or even a teacher, that also helps heaps.

And to all you people that dont have a BF or GF, and your stressing alot, it could maybe have something to do with hormones :D

Anyways im off, history assessment due soon :(

Wackedupwacko

HSC
o i find grabbing some poor friend and gettn them to sit through hour or 2 of you just ranting away at things destreses you HEAPS. basically throughout the year set aside many destressing periods whether it be a weekly or daily short breaks or post assessment block where u just sit back and do nothing

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Wackedupwacko said:
o i find grabbing some poor friend and gettn them to sit through hour or 2 of you just ranting away at things destreses you HEAPS. basically throughout the year set aside many destressing periods whether it be a weekly or daily short breaks or post assessment block where u just sit back and do nothing
Now to find the friend that'll endure that :)

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Wackedupwacko said:
poor friend indeed :eek:

HSC
hehe its ironic how often i'm That Friend who listens to 80min periods of that from my friends :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)