Anxiety (1 Viewer)

Go Pants Free

HSC
Hey guys... um I am not too confident when it comes to visiting the doctors office, so I would appreciate any ideas... I have had the feeling that I may have anxiety for a while now but I am not sure how I am supposed to initiate the conversation about it... I know it sound obvious just to say "I think I have anxiety" but I am apprehensive about pushing a self-diagnosis so overtly... Someone help me please, it is getting to be a problem and I really want to get some help...

Thanks

xJennax

HSC
I know how you feel. It may help to have your mum go in there with you to make you less nervous (I prefer it). Just explain to the doctor how often you feel anxious, what about and how you're feeling (eg sweaty palms, fast pace ect).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I used to be scared shitless of going to the doctor because I never did. But when I started needing to go regularly for various reasons for a few months it became the most straightforward easy thing ever. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor anything. Anything you say is confidential between you, your doctor has seen a billion medical problems in his/her career and not much you could say will surprise them. Plus even if you don't quite know what to say, they understand that you aren't a professional which is why you went to get help in the first place, so don't worry, they'll figure it out. :) And help you.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ive surprised a few doctors a few times. Funniest was when i had a puss filled cyst in my ear about the size of a marble, the doctor lanced it and about a spoonfull of puss sprayed her in the face. Surprise! hahaha

she took it pretty good though and laughed it off.

Anxiety problems are pretty shit, but go to the doctor, they refer you on to a psychologist, you go an hour a week and in 2 months you will see real improvements if not totally cured. So is it really worth delaying when you can be better in the same time it takes to heal a broken bone? go now, stop putting it off

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
awww nah most doctors are pretty open to it..

just tell them ure not feeling all that great :)

the words i hear and i think "anxiety" ... is "i feel lik i get very nervous... and then physically sick... and i just thought id ask if there was anything tat can be done about it."

HSC
yeah i know its hard

i broke down before a uni exam, i just couldnt face it.

*hopes for a deferred exam, and i go well*

About Doctors im not scared, casue i use to work for one.

Thy should be really outing going.

I feel for you buddy.

cause my friends arent happy wuth what i did and said it was shameful.

Dont fear there are other ppl like u, ur not the only one.

hope all goes well.

xx

SpoonSamba

HSC
hey! i know exactly how you feel. i think i have a similar kidna problem an dim shit scared of doctors. that said i haven't done anything about it so this isn't helpful. but ilke YOU"RE NOT THE ONLY ONE

x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)