Any Asian girls whose parents are against them dating "Westerners"? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
RiCkiE said:
Well i'm a guy and my parents don't like me dating western girls :p but like it matters, really.
It's the opposite really, for me ...

ice ken said:
hahahah yes and another 12 hrs of cs.
omg i love that, except i cant keep up ... games should not be broing, neither should they be addictive ...

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Dr Who?

more like, Dr Jew.

Federline, yo.

RiCkiE

HSC
Nolanistic said:
This thread is a despicable racist joke that quite clearly illuminates that asian countries are far more racist than anything we see in most Australians.

Cykologi, your parents make me openly sick and I would not hesitate to spit on them for their closeminded views.

That said and done, I would never despoil my man-staff with a rice-nigger.
:mad1:

Affinity

HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
Ha, I don't hate Asians, but I'd hate to have one for a husband...but I'm only 18.

What I meant by "I want someone who have seen the world like I have" is that I've been here for 10 years and through this, I think I've been too westernized at times, too accepting (kind of ironic here), too liberal, so much so that I don't think I can't stand those Chinese guys back on the mainland. Mum kind of wants me to go back there and for further study...as if!!!

I don't hate Asian guys, in fact, I think Chinese guys will make good husbands...but if I meet someone who hasn't ever gone overseas etc, then I wouldn't consider him, because I'd think that he'd be narrow-minded and traditional, unless he too, has been westernized a bit on the mainland.

I don't think the Asian and Western lifestyles are at all different. I'd take a caring, romantic, considerate Westerner over a frigid, too-practical Asian anyday...

THAT'S IT!!! - Some soul-searching has been done! I'm narrow-minded too, man...here's what I've been afraid of. I'm a romantic and because of that, I'm afraid that Asian's are all frigid and unromantic. That's a stereotypical view, isn't it?! But I can't shake it off. The Chinese/Asians that I've seen are all kind of sloppy in their dress sense, laid back, nerdy + excellent grades as well, which for one, makes me jealous. Another reason is that I just want to break away, that's not to say that I hate the culture, just that I find it too rigid and I can't stand the traditional aspects anymore. I don't want to partner up with another Asian and give my kids another set of Asian parents, I've personally had a difficult time growing up, with homework, threats of cancellations of going-outs, no partying unless grades are 90% etc etc, Freud would have something good to say here.

...but I'm only 18. lol.
Correct me if I am wrong, but perhaps one might develop a similar outlook due to insecurities, such as doubts on whether oneself is 'westernized' enough. hmm.. maybe I am not clear... say analogous to a young boy acting violent just to prove that he is tough

Last edited:

MikiRei

HSC
This thread is a despicable racist joke that quite clearly illuminates that asian countries are far more racist than anything we see in most Australians.
Okay - interesting comment - not entirely wrong - however, there's a few points you're missing.

Australians SHOULD be less "racist" considering the fact we're one of the most exposed and mixed countries in the world. With so many cultures running alongside eachother on a daily basis, it is no wonder why we give little attention to it - at least for people who were born or raised here.

On the contrary, people who have lived in Asian countries for a significant amount of time eg. my parents - will find this bewildering and pay A LOT of details to the mixture of cultures and race running around in Australia (well, my parents hardly do that anymore seeing they're used to it - but my mum STILL asks the annoying question of, "Is he/she Western/Asian?" whenever I talk about my friend) - why? 'cause Asia has 98% of their population of the same race - well, at least it is in countries like Japan, Taiwan and China (correct me if I'm wrong). Hence, you can HARDLY blame them for being "racist" seeing that they've hardly been exposed to other cultures. Most of them are being racist without even INTENDING to. It's simply more of the fact that they've lacked the experience of co-existing with contrasting cultures that they've been placed out of their comfort zones - and when one have been placed outta their comfort zone, they most likely shun whatever the reason that have misplaced them there in the first place. However, when given enough time to get used to the mixing cultures, they won't mind as much. It's the ones who WERE given the chance to experience mixing cultures and STILL shun it that are the true racists.

Anywayz, what was my point there? Lol - I dun even know. I guess I'm saying that you should be a tad less flippant in your comments. *shrug*

RiCkiE

HSC
MikiRei said:
Okay - interesting comment - not entirely wrong - however, there's a few points you're missing.

Australians SHOULD be less "racist" considering the fact we're one of the most exposed and mixed countries in the world. With so many cultures running alongside eachother on a daily basis, it is no wonder why we give little attention to it - at least for people who were born or raised here.

On the contrary, people who have lived in Asian countries for a significant amount of time eg. my parents - will find this bewildering and pay A LOT of details to the mixture of cultures and race running around in Australia (well, my parents hardly do that anymore seeing they're used to it - but my mum STILL asks the annoying question of, "Is he/she Western/Asian?" whenever I talk about my friend) - why? 'cause Asia has 98% of their population of the same race - well, at least it is in countries like Japan, Taiwan and China (correct me if I'm wrong). Hence, you can HARDLY blame them for being "racist" seeing that they've hardly been exposed to other cultures. Most of them are being racist without even INTENDING to. It's simply more of the fact that they've lacked the experience of co-existing with contrasting cultures that they've been placed out of their comfort zones - and when one have been placed outta their comfort zone, they most likely shun whatever the reason that have misplaced them there in the first place. However, when given enough time to get used to the mixing cultures, they won't mind as much. It's the ones who WERE given the chance to experience mixing cultures and STILL shun it that are the true racists.

Anywayz, what was my point there? Lol - I dun even know. I guess I'm saying that you should be a tad less flippant in your comments. *shrug*
Insightful. Couldn't have put it better.

Affinity said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but perhaps one might develop a similar outlook due to insecurities, such as doubts on whether oneself is 'westernized' enough. hmm.. maybe I am not clear... say analogous to a young boy acting violent just to prove that he is tough
And I wanted to say that but thanks for doing it for me :D

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Ok, this is regarding the comment of a chick about her parents wanting her to look for a westerner in China.
I seriously don't think that's a good idea. Haven't you seen those type of asian culture fanatic westerners? 7 out of 10 times I've seen so far are stupid geeks.
And why can't your parents speak English to your boyfriend? Haven't they been in Australia for at least 18 years? I know many asian parents are like that - can't make out a sentence in English after being in the country for 10+ years. If you're doing psychology, you should probably manipulate them into activities such as English convo practice in their spare time. I mean if they don't have the mental discipline to do that for you, they probably don't deserve your choice under their consideration.

Lastly, just say that you've found a desired asian boyfriend. If he is able to understand your parents, he is mostly likely going to be a stingy, short-ass prick with full of thoughts on wealth and little-man syndrome. Regardless of their intelligence. Bet you've seen those. Yuk!

Ok, I don't know where this is heading.
Gtg 2 bed.

Affinity

HSC
MikiRei said:
(well, my parents hardly do that anymore seeing they're used to it - but my mum STILL asks the annoying question of, "Is he/she Western/Asian?" whenever I talk about my friend)
Not trying to be apologetic, but:

I absolutely hate those kind of questions too, luckily my parents usually don't ask that. However, there might be other reasons for it, I have an aunt who asks my cousin the same question(I happened to live with her for a while).. I think partly it's there to build rapport. It's one of the few question that they can ask which can always be answered.

Another instance where something something similar happens is when they refer to the friends of their kids as "the indian" or "the fat aussie" or something similar... and that also puts me off.

So I think it might partly be a result of them not knowing their children's friends and how to communicate with their children.

T-mac01 said:
Ok, this is regarding the comment of a chick about her parents wanting her to look for a westerner in China.
I seriously don't think that's a good idea. Haven't you seen those type of asian culture fanatic westerners? 7 out of 10 times I've seen so far are stupid geeks.
And why can't your parents speak English to your boyfriend? Haven't they been in Australia for at least 18 years? I know many asian parents are like that - can't make out a sentence in English after being in the country for 10+ years. If you're doing psychology, you should probably manipulate them into activities such as English convo practice in their spare time. I mean if they don't have the mental discipline to do that for you, they probably don't deserve your choice under their consideration.

Lastly, just say that you've found a desired asian boyfriend. If he is able to understand your parents, he is mostly likely going to be a stingy, short-ass prick with full of thoughts on wealth and little-man syndrome. Regardless of their intelligence. Bet you've seen those. Yuk!

Gtg 2 bed.
First point I sort of agree.. but remember 3/10 are not. As with the second.. Learning a language is difficult when one gets older... And with the last there's some distance between understanding and agreeing :p I think half of those who replied to the thread will understand, but that would not make them..............
-----------------------------------------------------------
cykologi:

try to appreciate your parent's stance on this.. life will be boring when they always agree with you, would it not?

Last edited:

kc-ok-la

HSC
out of curiousity,

how many people in this thread that are posting in here are asian??

what white people and non asian people dont understand is what it is to be asian reguardless being growing up in a westernized community or being a fob,

same vice versa for asians to westerners.

unless of course, your adopted into a differnt racial family or something........

RiCkiE

HSC
Nolanistic said:
Don't you dare try and censor me you racist fascist.

Look, to be honest, The Japanese and the Chinese are grossly racist towards other asian cultures as well as other races.

Particularly the Japanese, one of my Japanese mates and people in the Japanese office of one of the places I worked said that all of the social problems and problems in Japan were caused by the Koreans.

Same said by the Chinese.

Fucking despicable.
That's true alot of Asian races hate other Asian races, as well as the rest of the world :confused: I think it's because they're too old fashioned and backward when it comes to culture; they're still caught up in the whole "purity of blood" and family honor and the rest of that bullshit.

RiCkiE

HSC
T-mac01 said:

Gtg 2 bed.
Hey lots of people from different cultures suffer from little man syndrome :p look at Napoleon...Hitler...Pippin the Short...wait was that his name? Well whatever i remember some short french guy being ruler. (not napoleon...)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
kc-ok-la said:
out of curiousity,

how many people in this thread that are posting in here are asian??

what white people and non asian people dont understand is what it is to be asian reguardless being growing up in a westernized community or being a fob,

same vice versa for asians to westerners.

unless of course, your adopted into a differnt racial family or something........
I am third gen Australian born Chinese.
My mother says i'm a disgrace of an Asian
Bahahaha.
I don't understand what its like to be Asian because I was never brought up that way. Except that my mother is the a bad Asian driver. :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
luscious-llama said:
I am third gen Australian born Chinese.
My mother says i'm a disgrace of an Asian
Bahahaha.
I don't understand what its like to be Asian because I was never brought up that way. Except that my mother is the a bad Asian driver. :)
In what way ?

Ethnic Crime ?
Unable to keep up with being stereotypically smart like a typical asian ? (Applies to me)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
As if stereotype against Asian parents. My ASIAN parents are awesome. It's just your parents who absolutely suck. Don't blame their ASIANESS on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)