any idea would be cool. (1 Viewer)

morganjane

HSC
i've been looking at the timetabling for my courses next year, just curious because i have a lecture that ends at 2pm but a tutorial that starts at 2pm, nearly on opposite sides of the university- how lenient are lecturers?

call me a nerd that i'm already thinking about it.
But i'm, just curious.

nimrod_dookie

Tryhard Geek
HSC
Most are lenient about this, aslong as you come to the tutorial from your lecture in a reasonable timeframe i.e 10 minutes. Just come in quietly and if you are concerned, maybe get your materials for the tutorial out at the end of your lecture so when you come into your tutorial, you are ready to go and aren't fumbling around for paper and pens. Tutorials following lectures (and vice versa) are very common and most tutors/lecturers are understanding so relax.

Affinity

HSC
they probably would not care about whether you turn up or not.. then again some tutors are quite.. an*l

Last edited:

piitb

HSC
they usually dont let u in if your 1 minute late.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
we have what we call the 10 academic minutes, where an acceptable starting and ending time to tutes or lectures is 5 minutes to and after the hour.

ie my lecture begins at 3pm, and i have a tute in progress. The tutor will let me off at 5 to 3 and I have until 5 past 3 to show up at the lecture theatre, when the lecturer will start lecturing.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
they probably would not care about whether you turn up or not.. then again some tutors are quite.. an*l
heh, lucky you censored the word an*l, woul dbe fired if my boss saw it.

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
ie my lecture begins at 3pm, and i have a tute in progress. The tutor will let me off at 5 to 3 and I have until 5 past 3 to show up at the lecture theatre, when the lecturer will start lecturing.
I think this is pretty common, similarly classes at my uni will go say, from 2-2.50, and then 3-3.50 etc.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
if you're late. you get a tardy slip. ten and you get kickd out of uni =)

nimrod_dookie

Tryhard Geek
HSC
Give it six weeks, you will be over uni and stop giving a crap. I gave my response before because I understand your nerves, I was once like that :eek:. I have even walked into tutorials with a cup of beer (god bless engineering bbq's) and the tutor hasn't cared but I also just had to submit my assignment and could leave.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Leave the lecture early if you think its going to take you more than ~10 mins to get to the next class.

morganjane

HSC
thanks heaps aye.
i got to catch up with a mate of mine that just finished first year at UNE, so i've asked all my questions aye, s'all good.
just kinda counting down now.

X

xeuyrawp

I think it's also worth telling the lecturers that you've got to leave early / arrive late.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its fine, in first year at UWS I had back to back classes each on the other side of Victoria road (i.e) one on Paramatta North Campus and one on Paramatta South Campus...Lectures/tutes always start 5 mins late an finish 5 mins early

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
morganjane said:
i've been looking at the timetabling for my courses next year, just curious because i have a lecture that ends at 2pm but a tutorial that starts at 2pm, nearly on opposite sides of the university- how lenient are lecturers?

call me a nerd that i'm already thinking about it.
But i'm, just curious.
Don't worry, it's cool; there's a ten-minute gap between classes, and if you know where you're going you can cross the campus in seven. Five if you know the shortcuts and aren't afraid to run. Some law lecturers might be a bit anal about it and take one hour when they've got fifty minutes assigned, but most are pretty cool with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)