• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any instrument players? (1 Viewer)

Do you/did you play an instrument?

• Guitar

Votes: 47 28.5%
  • Drums

Votes: 16 9.7%
  • Bass

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Violin

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Piano

Votes: 43 26.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 38 23.0%

• Total voters

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
No I got it i was just implicitly inquiring into any potential gender inequality.

:uhhuh:

Counterfeit

HSC
i always wish i'd stuck with an instrument and had more discipline

ive gone through:
piano (half a years worth of lessons)
drums (learnt after school for about a month)
clarinet (almost a year)
trumpet (2 months, the teacher also had a french horn and trumbone i was taught the basics of)
oboe (abt 3 lessons)

so this has resulted in me being able to play nothing well

now all i have is my guitar (never took lessons, i just fake it) and my harmonica (ditto to guitar... but who takes harmonica lessons?)

after the HSC im going to pick up an intrument and stick with it untill i actually achieve something.
I really love the piano, but we gave ours away ours cuz it was a poor neglected intsrument.

Thing is i dont like starting when people my age are so far ahead, wouldnt it look stupid for an 18 yr old to go to a piano teacher?

HSC
Counterfeit said:
Thing is i dont like starting when people my age are so far ahead, wouldnt it look stupid for an 18 yr old to go to a piano teacher?
i say if you have a passion for an instrument, it's never too late to start.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
011 said:
No I got it i was just implicitly inquiring into any potential gender inequality.

:uhhuh:
Thats probably true, but my wardobe is twice the size of theirs and with all my jewellery and such its probably in the other direction.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
I tried guitar and piano and flute and sucked at all of them so now i play the drums. Like to release aggression by hitting things so drums seemed the most logical choice.

HSC
green_fairy said:
I tried guitar and piano and flute and sucked at all of them so now i play the drums. Like to release aggression by hitting things so drums seemed the most logical choice.
woohoo! drums drums drums!

i'm glad to announce that i now have a new drum kit! but the s.o.b's forgot to give me a cymbal stand!

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
woohoo! drums drums drums!

i'm glad to announce that i now have a new drum kit! but the s.o.b's forgot to give me a cymbal stand!
I would like to announce i dislike you because i have been forced to practice on saucepans since year 8 because i am to pov to buy a drunkit :(

HSC
green_fairy said:
I would like to announce i dislike you because i have been forced to practice on saucepans since year 8 because i am to pov to buy a drunkit :(
since year 8? that's longer than me dammit! try to scrape $500 somewhere.

*mel*

hello guys! good to see that there are so many musical people here
i play the piano and trumpet. i used to play the euphonium but not anymore.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
green_fairy said:
:D
Do u have ur own drumkit meads or r u a poor little simpleton like me and my saucepans?
oh do i own a drum kit baby! lol...its hot, i love it to bits...its a black pearl export, cymbals everywhere...when i become educated i will post a pic of them...:p

HSC
Meads said:
oh do i own a drum kit baby! lol...its hot, i love it to bits...its a black pearl export, cymbals everywhere...when i become educated i will post a pic of them...:p
fuck man, show us your kit! i got a shithouse DXP with a single crash..its pretty homo. but it's better than nothing.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
well i play flute and piano. I can sing a little. And I say that I drum, but i don't really. I can keep a basic rock beat, so some of my musically ignorant friends think that counts. I don't. But I wish I could drum.

X

xeuyrawp

I play a bit of guitar, have an acoustic an a cheapo electric. Not fantastic at it, probably due to me immediately learning songs from tabs.

I now play a lot of bass, and am much better due to me getting a good start at it. I've had a go at drum lessons, was OK at it, but they annoyed me.

Libbster

HSC
I play classical guitar and can still play the tenor recorder lol I remember in Yr 6 I played recorder in the Opera House in some big concert. Only problem was, I hadn't memorised all the songs so I had to improvise by moving my fingers lol

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
i play the piano 8th.. tired the violin but stopped at 3rd grade..

speaking of piano, i kinda have a problem with it now.. it's like i have mixed feelings abt it.. sometimes i wanna keep doing the Amus but i realises the hard work involve.. anyone experiencing simliar problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)