Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Piano

Votes: 43 26.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 38 23.0%

• Total voters

hugglebuddy

HSC
:wave: hello, hello all my fellow instrumentalists!!!
i play the flute and piccolo; alto, tenor and bari sax; clarinet and bass clarinet and have also had a go at french horn, trombone, piano, guitar, drums, violin, recorder, trumpet, bassoon and oboe. i guess i have had a go at most of them...

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Electric Guitar ... Bought myself an american stratocaster last week !!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i used to play the trumpet and piano quite well. but i kinda lost interest a couple of years ago... i was never terribly musical to begin with lol.

Kyle O'Brien

HSC
Guitar and Bass. I haven't got round to playing the guitar that much because I'm really into the bass now. By the way the bass can be very easy to play such the bass lines to AC/DC songs or Van Halen songs, an intermediate level such Rage Against the Machine, reasonably difficult such as The Who and some Cream, or insanely hard such as Flea, Jaco Pastorius

Dr_Doom

HSC
I play violin, some piano, and can play tabs for guitar. Songs like toxicity and stairway to heaven.

arrested development
HSC
I'm going to start learning guitar in a couple of weeks. Yeah I'm cool. I'm going to be a rock star, man!

I used to do boring piano and stuff. Boooooo!

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
why not try a wind instrument? e.g. saxaphone, trumpet, clarinet, flute, tuba, etc...

or, a different percussion: drums kit, xylophone, to name a few...
I've started playing the harmonica now. It's so much fun but quite dizzy with breathing, but I guess I'm getting the hang of it I suppose.

I'm not so good with coordination with percussion. Looks a bit tricky but then again I haven't really sat down and tried to play other than muck around.

Dr_Doom

HSC
justbecause said:
I've started playing the harmonica now. It's so much fun but quite dizzy with breathing, but I guess I'm getting the hang of it I suppose.

I'm not so good with coordination with percussion. Looks a bit tricky but then again I haven't really sat down and tried to play other than muck around.
omg violin + harmonica .. We could start a band :eek:

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
Haha I'm not good at it yet, but sounds pretty sweet.

I also want to try out the Moog synthesizers, a couple of friends are in bands and I like to muck around with theirs while their not looking. Seems like a lot of fun as well but looks like a hefty price to pay for one. I wouldn't know if they were considered to be actual instruments though but half of it is an organ/keyboard/piano structure and been used by the likes of Rush, The Police and Yngwie Malmsteen so I guess you could say so.

What are people's thoughts on electronic instruments?

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeh all electronic instruments are awesome. I got an electric guitar , way better than aucostic. You should get a synthesizer. You can make so many crazy sounds with it lol!

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm currently attempting my A.Mus.A. at piano. Would like to do a degree at the Con after my current degree :tongue: :) I can sing and play the violin too--stopped at Grade 2 however due to an extremely short pinkie which limits how many pieces I can play.

G

genavania

grade 7 violin and uhhhh bagpipes.

what do all you guys reckon about guys who sing?
is it un-manly or über manly

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
genavania said:
grade 7 violin and uhhhh bagpipes.

what do all you guys reckon about guys who sing?
is it un-manly or über manly
depends what they sing :)

Myself, i can play piano and guitar from time to time (i have one of each), and have a basic sense for drums and bass (but i dont own those instruments)...used to do violin in high school.

bonnie04

HSC
violin. since i was 4. nearly 13 years now. doing a.mus next year because of hsc this year.
piano.
drums.
and guitar. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)