im 17 and i'm struggling to find a job.
Tried woolies and dicksmith but they're not hiring :(
i don't have any real work experience except volunteering
any suggestions please?

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
Im at dick smith, I got in by networking with friends and making sure I handed my resume to the boss in person as well as applying online.

I think its 13.19, then 10% loading on saturdays and 50% loading on sundays. You also get commission depending how many large electronics/warranties you purchase, which can increase my take home pay by ~25%. But Im 17, and thats 65% of adult wage, and you get the full adult wage when you are 18 (if they continue to give you shifts)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Im at dick smith, I got in by networking with friends and making sure I handed my resume to the boss in person as well as applying online.

I think its 13.19, then 10% loading on saturdays and 50% loading on sundays. You also get commission depending how many large electronics/warranties you purchase, which can increase my take home pay by ~25%. But Im 17, and thats 65% of adult wage, and you get the full adult wage when you are 18 (if they continue to give you shifts)
You get full adult wage when you're 21, not 18

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Gloria Jeans is a terrible corporation.

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
any pizza making shop ... and tutoring ? lol

pmescotty

HSC
servo console operator?? - unless you work in a dodgy area.
14.46 weekdays - 18.79 weekends n pub hols.
very cruisy job, especially at night

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
does anyone know the pay for athletes foot/chatime/grilld?

Last edited:

k-imay

HSC
N/A
For Grill'd burgers it's heaps low. Since you're currently 17, you'll get paid $10/ph because they put you on a traineeship hence legal cheap labour! Smart bastards.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
17 years old, eh? Old enough to join the Australian Army. They're always hiring. And they're not too fussy either...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
17 years old, eh? Old enough to join the Australian Army. They're always hiring. And they're not too fussy either...
I tried to join the reserves a while back and didn't make the cut, so it is more selective than you think.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Military is not hiring unless you have a skill they REALLY REALLY NEED. They gutted the defence budget to an all time low of 1.8% of GDP...

Btw gloria jeans has a really really bad rep. My girlfriend used to work there. had to cop a lot of shit from management, they paid fairly low and change the shifts without giving you a notice.

Just apply to a ton of places and see how it goes.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Military is not hiring unless you have a skill they REALLY REALLY NEED. They gutted the defence budget to an all time low of 1.8% of GDP...

Btw gloria jeans has a really really bad rep. My girlfriend used to work there. had to cop a lot of shit from management, they paid fairly low and change the shifts without giving you a notice.

Just apply to a ton of places and see how it goes.
Not in the reserves. They're always looking for reservists. I get $25 an hour for a Tuesday evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)