Any reccomendations for a good-all purpose jacket? (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Try ASOS.

They usually have a fairly good assortment of men's jackets.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Leather is always good, if you can/want to afford the price tag.

I got a really nice, plain leather jacket at Roger David for $244, down from $349 last week.

Basically regardless of the fabric, be prepared to pay if you want quality.

Anything from Giordano, Roger David, Connor, G STAR, Industrie, maybe even Jeans West will be good quality. If you want it to last maybe avoid places like Jay Jays that are cheap but fall apart very quickly.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
personally I think that gstar one is awful but if that's the kind of style you like try general pants or check out super-dry store at the Galleries Victoria

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
haha yuck, gstar is terrible, overpriced rubbish worn pretty much exclusively by dirty sydney/melbourne lebs

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
there was an amazing leather jacket in paddington vinnies yesterday for $50 if you're quick itll still be there

youre welcome buddy

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
yes plenty of good cheap jackets out there in op shops. but if you are too lazy to go look then topman

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
If you wanna by a jacket like that G-star one, go for a Nike windbreaker (idk the model name, but googling will show you the ones with the 'V'-shape). 95% sure they're less than $220.

I got a really nice, plain leather jacket at Roger David for $244, down from $349 last week.
Just curious, do they claim to be authentic leather, or is it just leather by name?

OP, if you wanna invest in a lifesaving leather jacket (cowhide, maybe other animals), I can show you. :) So far it is known to resist vicious dog bites.

bio_nut

HSC
Um, Nike is not good unless you like fucking lads.

edit: just looked at the jacket picture, it's fucking ugly, looks like he might actually like your suggestion

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
that g-star jacket is horrendous, they have a lot better stuff than that, really expensive though

i reckon a hoodie/cardie combo jacket that you can get these days, they should keep you relatively warm and looks good as well

i think you can get something like that at cotton on or something

that or a really structured heavyish jacket

Deathless

HSC
Thanks for all the help

But I wasn't really looking at a leather jacket, though I am interested now. Paddington is a bit far, but maybe after my exams (I have exams now) I'll go take a look.

@ bio_nut
Why such hatred? Hatred is bad, have you already forgotten 'belonging'? :)
I'm actually looking at something more like a windbreaker that can be used besides rainy and windy days. I need something which I can wear before and after sport but also casually on some other days?

Thanks for all the help

*P.S. Topman is quite good, I bought heaps of their stuff when I was in Singapore because there was like a 50% sale and also you don't have to pay any delivery fees. Some of their stuff is crap though, a jacket I bought from it and used only a few times, already looks like its been worn for years (and I tried keeping it in good condition).

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
umm clothing that ages just looks better over the years imo

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Yeah, you don't want a jacket that has cotton pilling all over it...

Only really works for leather and selvedge denimz = $$$$

Guesss

HSC
lmao yeh.

My jeans have like 'aged' over the months into a sxc lighter colour then wen i first bought them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)