Any tips on how to increase my writing speed? (1 Viewer)

Mathislife

HSC
I have a problem of writing fairly slow in comparison to others. Luckily the only subjects I need to write fast in are English Advanced and Modern History but even then it's a worry. So far it has only marginally affected my marks (e.g I failed to get 100% in my english essay because I couldn't write enough, consequently losing 5%). However, from what I hear, you are expected to write heaps in both these subjects and I fear it'll cost me big time now. Yes I know, quality over quantity but you have to have sufficient quantity to have quality to begin with. If anyone of you know ANYTHING that can help me write faster, I shall be forever in debt to you. Thanks.

astroman

HSC
Some tips I have learnt:
- Have good posture during writing, try to sit leaning forward but up straight
- Don't write with your wrist, write with your entire arm.
- angle your page to a 45 degree angle
- Use a rollerball or fountain pen if you have one. Fountain > rollerball > ballpoint
- write smaller not larger
- Don't worry too much about your neatness, make sure it's legible but don't overstress, markers have seen some pretty weird shit and have been able to decipher it.

Flop21

HSC
English is going to destroy you.

Yes practice, practice practice. Look at the past english papers and just do them purely to get a feel for how fast you need to write. Practice.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Some tips I have learnt:
- Have good posture during writing, try to sit leaning forward but up straight
- Don't write with your wrist, write with your entire arm.
- angle your page to a 45 degree angle
- Use a rollerball or fountain pen if you have one. Fountain > rollerball > ballpoint
- write smaller not larger
- Don't worry too much about your neatness, make sure it's legible but don't overstress, markers have seen some pretty weird shit and have been able to decipher it.
Keep in mind that the whilst you can increase your writing speed if you write smaller, it actually puts more strain on your wrist.

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
move foreskin up and down with writing hand every day for at least 10-20mins. repeat process until desired writing speed achieved. guarantees 10% faster writing speed within 10 days.

Flop21

HSC
Keep in mind that the whilst you can increase your writing speed if you write smaller, it actually puts more strain on your wrist.
Yep, people say to learn to write with your arm instead of your wrist because writing can be super straining on that area (wrist/hand).

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Tape batteries and weights to your pens to strengthen hand muscles.
I do this whenever I practise short answer questions and essay for business studies when I'm doing exam papers with no time limit!

For me it definitely works, when I have no weight, I write with a better flow and it's just a neater cursive exam writing

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Can I ask, does anyone know if overall arm strength / muscle correlates with faster writing??

TanmanZk

HSC
N/A
There are a variety of ways to improve your writing speed, because Williams s Cowper once said variety is the spice of life.
1) Attach Double A batteries at the tip of your pen, and practice writing so you get used to it. When it gets to the exams take it off.
2) Forearms workout a the gym.
3) Masterbait.

Last edited:

atargainz

HSC
know your content/memorise it so well that you wont need to stop and think for even a split second

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)