Anybody applying for Co-op @ Unsw? (1 Viewer)

failwhale

HSC
is it true that the co-op scholarship makes u work for an industry during the summer holidays?

chubzy

HSC
I am!
and it depends on what you're doing - there's an outline of the different times for ITE according to the courses on the website

Aussie-Alex

HSC
is it true that the co-op scholarship makes u work for an industry during the summer holidays?
I don't think so. You do three separate internships during the 4 year degree. With each, you work for a different company and they each last 1 semester. So the internships occur during uni semesters, not during summer holidays - but im sure they have options for that if you're keen! :)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the particular program, I think, but quite a few of them do have ITEs during the summer. The reason they do this is so that you can finish your degree in a reasonable amount of time.

auriga

HSC
Most Co-ops make you work over the Summer.... that's the whole point of Co-op... to get industry experience...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I don't think so. You do three separate internships during the 4 year degree. With each, you work for a different company and they each last 1 semester. So the internships occur during uni semesters, not during summer holidays - but im sure they have options for that if you're keen! :)
are

are you kidding

the reason they don't let double degrees in the Co-Op program is because the scholarship providers basically run your degree. They don't want you not learning the things they want you to.

Every Co-Op Scholarship does full time work during the summer break for a few years and a full year for some.

Don't do Co-Op it isn't worth it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)