Anybody doing 10units next year? (1 Viewer)

Agywaggy

HSC
same.. 5 subjects, 11 units cuz religion is compulsory...

Why do u ask elseany??? if i may ask....

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Very much undecided, feel like dropping both French and IPT, but that'll force me to pick up 4u maths. Heh. Forced...Maths ext 2. o.0 Not a pleasant thought.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Still considering whether I should drop maths ext 1 or not...my maths 2u/3u contents have now fused together :S So i'm worried that if I drop maths ext1, then my understanding in 2u might drop.... I don't know..

kaizokuou

HSC
airie said:
Forced...Maths ext 2. o.0 Not a pleasant thought.
awww cmon itll be fine =] but yeah if ur unsure itd be best to have a backup? additionally do the 2unit tests (forgot which ones xD, i think it was the initial yr 12 tests or sumtin) so u qualify to get marked as 3unit and 4u dont count incase something goes wrong ^^

well I'm doing 14 units probably ... not sure if i shuld drop engineering studies or IT or either at all @_@

people doing 10 units should be confident in all of their subjects

Sofstar

HSC
14! is almost like suicide...i've been told 12 is already plenty.

elseany

HSC
well im asking because i may be forced into 10 unites next year due to poor subject selections :<

atm im doing ext1 maths, adv english, physics, chem, eco and IT but i will be dropping IT as it is horrific scaling and difficulty in scoring a good contribution mark and im dropping eco because i find it extremely boring to sit in class, i cant even study for it.

so that will leave me with 9units and i will pick up ext 2 maths, which im a bit scared of but im pretty sure i can handle it, im a capable 3u maths student and my marks are kinda reflective of that, however i was a bit upset because my 2u mark was not very high and my rank was not much above the average (including students who only do 2u)

i was wondering if any1 else is in the same ship as me where they cant screw anything up :p

(im pretty confident in physics and although my chem can do with a bit of brushing up on, im not too bad at that either :p)

csuwai

BOS Member
HSC
its better to hav 12, or 11.. instead of 10.. Gives u an assurance and an option if u bomb that subj and wanna drop it

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
elseany said:
well im asking because i may be forced into 10 unites next year due to poor subject selections :<

atm im doing ext1 maths, adv english, physics, chem, eco and IT but i will be dropping IT as it is horrific scaling and difficulty in scoring a good contribution mark and im dropping eco because i find it extremely boring to sit in class, i cant even study for it.

so that will leave me with 9units and i will pick up ext 2 maths, which im a bit scared of but im pretty sure i can handle it, im a capable 3u maths student and my marks are kinda reflective of that, however i was a bit upset because my 2u mark was not very high and my rank was not much above the average (including students who only do 2u)

i was wondering if any1 else is in the same ship as me where they cant screw anything up :p

(im pretty confident in physics and although my chem can do with a bit of brushing up on, im not too bad at that either :p)
don't drop IT just because of how you think it scales.....

kaizokuou

HSC
im basically intending to complete IT to get a VET certificate and engineering because i may decide to do it in uni (still a bit unsure).

the other subjects will be my main subjects that i want to count towards my HSC.

thats why i have 14. if i get lazy i can just drop IT and engineering, easy as that.

the Uncanny

HSC
elseany said:

I suggest you keep IT as you need a good back up subject for next year. If you stuff up 4 unit or 3 unit (or any other subject for that matter) your gone. You're taking difficult subjects (similar to mine actually) and you need a subject to fall back on.

For me next year:
4 UNIT maths
English advanced
Physics
Chemistry
Economics

NOTE: this is karnoganguli, my cousin is the Uncanny (my internet on my laptop ain't working and i forgot my password so i'm using my cousin's computer).

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Sofstar said:
14! is almost like suicide...i've been told 12 is already plenty.
Have I told you guys before that there was a girl who did 16 units for her HSC? And ended up with a UAI in the 99s?

elseany said:

See my previous post. Not the best situation if you ask me x.x Don't even know if I should do Eng Adv or Std for year 12, except my mum was like, "Don't tell me you're gonna drop down to standard!" She tried to make me do 3u English last year o.0 Gee. That would REALLY have made me die :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)