Anybody doing both Maths and English Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

Sendoh08

HSC
One of my friends did that. She did 4U maths, 4 English and 2U Religion. She said that having heaps of study periods helped, though the morning classes for 4U maths and 4U English were a pain =/

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
One of my friends did that. She did 4U maths, 4 English and 2U Religion. She said that having heaps of study periods helped, though the morning classes for 4U maths and 4U English were a pain =/
Did she accelerate something? You have to do four subjects.

But people have done it, Shadowdude springs to mind immediately.

MiseryParade

HSC
Pretty sure you need at least four subjects for the HSC.

OP, I do both extensions. It's not a big deal, quite a lot of people around me do it.

Sendoh08

HSC
I dunno =S Thats what she told me...

And isnt it technically 6 Subjects though ??
- Maths Ext 1
- Maths Ext 2
- English Adv
- English Ext 1
- English Ext 2
- Studies of Religion II

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
nope, only counts as 3 because they're extensions, not completely new subject areas.

ahdil33

HSC
Not recommended imo unless you've done an accelerated the year before. 12 units with extension 2 doesn't sound very good to me.

But if you can, it's great I guess

bladeys

HSC
N/A
I dunno =S Thats what she told me...

And isnt it technically 6 Subjects though ??
- Maths Ext 1
- Maths Ext 2
- English Adv
- English Ext 1
- English Ext 2
- Studies of Religion II
Use your brain lol, if youre counting each unit as a separate subject then a minimum of 4 subjects would only make up a maximum of 8 units (4 2-unit subjects) and you need 10 for your HSC. Obviously ext 2 math is just 1 subject not 3..

taintedxblood

HSC
Nah, I'm doing it. Accelerated Economics so I only have 4U Maths, 4U English and Modern History.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Just because they're "extension 2" doesn't mean you should be scared of them. If you're good at english and maths, then you'll find them just as easy as any other subject. This is especially the case because in english ex2 if you enjoy your topic you'll cruise through it.

funstudy

HSC
Get 4U English done in the summer holidays, revise it over the following year. But you have to work on 4U religiously.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Not recommended imo unless you've done an accelerated the year before. 12 units with extension 2 doesn't sound very good to me.

But if you can, it's great I guess
Nah it's fine. My sister did 13 units in total 4U English and 3U Math-so many people do MX2 with 12 units.

Lonely Magpie

HSC
Yeah, I'm doing both Extension 2's.

I'm doing MX2, EX2, Phys and Chem. For me, EX2 simply becomes a retreat from the numbers, calculations and sheer objectivity that my other subjects like to flood me with. If anything, having a retreat like this makes life a lot easier and a helluva lot less stressful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)