Anyone 100% with their content? (1 Viewer)

SudhiTheBoat

HSC
Doing HSC in 2016, starting year 12 tomorrow.

Gonna love all my subjects but Adv English, which i'm keen to learn and get better at.
Subjects;
- Economics
- Business Studies
- Society and Culture
- General Maths
- Adv English

Flop21

HSC
lol I wish maths, I struggle with the last few questions.

Biology I'm probably furthest ahead in terms of content, maybe 90%? Tbh I don't think i'll be 100% with anything.

Chris_S

HSC
Wow 100% for maths? I can like get full marks in every paper for questions 11,12,13 and most of 14 but 15 and 16 is hope for the best

astroman

HSC
Wow 100% for maths? I can like get full marks in every paper for questions 11,12,13 and most of 14 but 15 and 16 is hope for the best
agree, last few questions cannot manage them no matter what.

Drsoccerball

HSC
If you're not getting 100% then you're not 100%. Let me do sydney grammar X1 2015 now and ill tell you how i go...

Ekman

HSC
What I always say is:

"You can never be 100% with your content, there will always be something else that you don't know"

This applies to all subjects.

Flop21

HSC
but if you know everything in the syllabus then you know 100% of the content. You can be 100% with the content but still not get 100% in the exam.
And I'm not saying im 100% ready for the 2u MATH exam, i'm just sayin im 100% with the content for 2u math, which is what the title of the post is asking.
Nothing wrong with it, good on you, shows you're confident and ready. I think people are saying not to be too over confident and stop study all together.

I know there was a 2u tip thread the other day, but can you and others who are confident tell me any things you've noticed helped with the last 3 questions? Or even just the last question of the math 2u exam? One tip was to just take as long as you needed to work it out before looking at answers... but sometimes I could sit there for 30 minutes not knowing what to do lol.

Drsoccerball

HSC
If you're not getting 100% then you're not 100%. Let me do sydney grammar X1 2015 now and ill tell you how i go...
LOL 96% This is exactly what i mean...
Question 10 i had a brain fart...and got it wrong
Question 12 C i found volume instead of area... I found it strange that you had to use extension 2 methods should've checked it...
Question 13 b max displacement app isnt -4 but 2 -________________________________-
Question 13 e Typed it wrong in my calculator

Shows im not 100% yet...

atargainz

HSC
Question 12 C i found volume instead of area... I found it strange that you had to use extension 2 methods should've checked it...
Question 13 b max displacement app isnt -4 but 2 -________________________________-

Shows im not 100% yet...
how'd you go for the 4u grammar you gun

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC

Shows im not 100% yet...
You're obviously not state ranking material. OP is.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Nothing wrong with it, good on you, shows you're confident and ready. I think people are saying not to be too over confident and stop study all together.

I know there was a 2u tip thread the other day, but can you and others who are confident tell me any things you've noticed helped with the last 3 questions? Or even just the last question of the math 2u exam? One tip was to just take as long as you needed to work it out before looking at answers... but sometimes I could sit there for 30 minutes not knowing what to do lol.
A tip is to consider all the information proved in the other parts carefully. Usually they like to interconnect all the parts. Also, even if you can't answer one part of the question e.g part a), that doesn't mean you can't answer part b) or c). Like for example, in max and minima questions, the first part is usually to show 'V or A or X etcc' = 'random bulshit'. Even if you dont get that you can still find the max or min value by differntioating and settin to zero and normal algebra from there. Also, if it says to find the length of 'PT' for example, and the the next question says to find the area of a shape and you need PT to do it, make up a value of PT (try to make the question harder just incase they say you made it too easy, so pick like 4 * sqrt(3) or somethin.)

The thing is i've never just sat there not knowing what to do. In every exam i always get stuck somewhere but i don't just look and go "What i do.". I always try something, just look at the question and TRY ANYTHING that pops into your head. When you are doing the question not under timed conditions, try more than 1 thing, try anything you can think. I remember one question involved triangles where one of the lengths was x, and is said to show x^2 = some bullshit, and I was like HOW am i meant to get x^2 here, wtf??. I tried using cosine rule but that didn't work, But then I constructed a line to make a right angled triangle, where i used pythagoras to get the x^2, and then did some random algebra to get the answer. Turned out i could have used the similar triangle ratios and would have gotten it in a minute. I didn't see that, but at least I tried something, and maybe you'll get lucky a few times (like i did in the question).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)