• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone do lots of outer school stuff? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello!

I was just wondering if any one does lots of outer school stuff.

I dance 5 days a week, for about 17 hours. It can be way more near concerts/eisteddfods. I'm getting pretty high up in dance, especially in ballet and I've being doing the majors. I also do speech and drama (which includes a practical and a theory) and I'm also pretty high up about Grade 8. Also do lots of eisteddfod work in that. I'm not very good at violin though (haven't been taking it as long as the other stuff though) and am doing Grade 3 this year.

Now the question is, when did you have to start cutting back? Yr 10? 11? or 12? Because I'm doing excellent at school, but I know the work load gets hard, especially once you start the HSC. I just want to hear stories of how much people managed to do and still do well in HSC.

When I start cutting back, I'll definitely cut the tap, violin, speech, contemporary and then jazz in that order. But that still leaves a far chunk of time because most of my dancing time is ballet.

I guess I can always go back to stuff later in my life.

LordPc

HSC
Hello!

I was just wondering if any one does lots of outer school stuff.

I dance 5 days a week, for about 17 hours. It can be way more near concerts/eisteddfods. I'm getting pretty high up in dance, especially in ballet and I've being doing the majors. I also do speech and drama (which includes a practical and a theory) and I'm also pretty high up about Grade 8. Also do lots of eisteddfod work in that. I'm not very good at violin though (haven't been taking it as long as the other stuff though) and am doing Grade 3 this year.

Now the question is, when did you have to start cutting back? Yr 10? 11? or 12? Because I'm doing excellent at school, but I know the work load gets hard, especially once you start the HSC. I just want to hear stories of how much people managed to do and still do well in HSC.

When I start cutting back, I'll definitely cut the tap, violin, speech, contemporary and then jazz in that order. But that still leaves a far chunk of time because most of my dancing time is ballet.

I guess I can always go back to stuff later in my life.
do you want to do the HSC and get a UAI and do something at university? or do you want to follow the path of dancing? seems like you enjoy dancing and performing enough from what you said

xLonnie

HSC
I only do OUTER SPACE STUFF SOME WOULD SAY IM A FREAK LOL!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i did a heap of outer school stuff, i've only had to cut down on it in year twelve, and not that much. i'm just not playing netball this year, and i've had to sacrifice a few touch comps for school and being around exam time, but i wouldn't worry about it unless your workload is getting too much.

kooltrainer

HSC
i started cutting things at the beginning of year 10 ...
year 11 and 12, fully concentrate on hsc

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I do:

1. Peer tutoring on every Tuesday and Wednesday after school until 4:20 or so.
  2. Boxercise (Boxing + exercise) in Wednesday and Friday morning every week from 7:30 - 8:15
  3. Some other training session in Tuesday morning 7:30 - 8:15 every week
  4. Planning to do Chess (should take up some time on friday arvo every week then)
By "outer" I am talking about before and after school activities.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Dw about it, HSC only gets hectic during trials and externals if your school spreads out assessment blocks.

boris

Banned
HSC
i did a heap of outer school stuff, i've only had to cut down on it in year twelve, and not that much. i'm just not playing netball this year, and i've had to sacrifice a few touch comps for school and being around exam time, but i wouldn't worry about it unless your workload is getting too much.
ill touch you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)