Anyone doing 3 major work subjects for Year 12? (1 Viewer)

Aliy Moon

HSC
I'm in Year 11 and I'm doing Music 1, Visual Arts and Drama all of which obviously being 3 major work subjects. Along with them I'm doing Ancient History, Maths General, Studies of Religion and Advanced English. My problem is that I'm dropping one subject for year 12 but I can't choose between Music or Art (to lessen the workload). I'm aware that the workload for doing 3 major work subjects is huge but my teachers thinks I could pull it off and if I do I would drop Ancient History. So what I'm asking is: Is there any recommendations as to what I should do or how I should be thinking about my situation? :)

greengirl01

HSC
I've got friends who did three, and it is humanly possible but you have to be really organised. Personally, I'd avoid 3 but for some people they pace themselves and don't regret it, I guess it comes down to personality. Ancient His is massive, be forewarned,it is very content heavy and relies on you memorising a lot of info but can also be interesting. The HSC course is quite archaeological. Hope that helped and Goodluck!:)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If your teachers think you are capable of it then go for it!
But you'll need to be very organised...

theloonytuney

HSC
I'm doing four so that's great.

I've got drama, music, S&C and EE2. I'm really passionate about all of them, though, so I think I can pull it off :)

magdarin

HSC
I'm going to have a fantastic 4 major work projects :p
Drama, Visual Arts, Music, and Society and Culture!
I love all of those subjects, ^_^ so I pray ill be ok

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I'm going to have a fantastic 4 major work projects :p
Drama, Visual Arts, Music, and Society and Culture!
I love all of those subjects, ^_^ so I pray ill be ok
FMS....

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't complain as I've only had to complete one major work but, the best advice is to start and get on things early, be organized (e.g. break it up into timelines) and don't put things off because you don't understand or try to complete last minute. Ask for help when needed. Put as much effort in as you can. Saying that, don't neglect your other subjects. If you enjoy all the subjects you should be okay.
Good luck! :)

acidsushi

HSC
I did Drama, Visual Arts, and Society Culture - and I handled the majors just fine! You've just gotta pace yourself and prioritise correctly depending on which you feel is the most demanding. You feel very rewarded after you finish the majors, especially if you dedicate lots of time and effort into them.

When it comes to Drama (which I found to be the most demanding) you need to allocate roughly an hour to both your GP and IP in Term 4 this year, and then slowly increase that throughout the year until you've completely memorised and have perfected your performances (or project, if you're not doing a monologue).

Good luck, and stay calm!

Aliy Moon

HSC
Wow I good luck this year :) I'm going to stick to all my subjects now, I'm feeling much more confident and motivated to do them because I love them all too haha

madzmonkey

HSC
im doing Society and culture , drama and extension history which all have majors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)