Anyone doing Commerce/Computer Science??? (1 Viewer)

nate224

HSC
Just wondering if anyone here is doing commerce/computer science. I am wanting to do this course as I have been told that computer science can help me with my job prospects for a commerce based job.

The problem is I don't have any background in computer science such as programming.

Question is will it actually help me in the workplace or obtaining a job? Just want to get some advice from people who are doing this combination.

Thanks.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep in mind, you will only be able to do one commerce major instead of two.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
comp sci doesn't need a background in programming

I had not much before starting uni

nate224

HSC
Right okay, only one major thanks for that. I've looked at the unsw handbook and it sets out all the units and courses clearly but not into years. I know there's some flexibility to how you plan your courses and when but would more of a 50/50 split both degrees first year or more commerce? Etc

That's what I'm not too sure about in terms of the degree. How one can structure the double.

And awesome! I haven't got any background in it but people I've talked to have said that it's not too hard to grasp.

nate224

HSC
Oh and as someone who would be using the computer science to aid my commerce do you guys have any recommendations on which computer science courses to take? Would it be simply software ones and stuff? Sorry I really don't know a whole lot. I had planned all along to do simply commerce but I got shortlisted for co op and have recently decided commerce double is the way to go aftertalking with some uni students and graduates.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

nate224

HSC
who the heck is that in your display pic OP
That is Yi Jianlian. Haven't changed my pic since I made my account. He is now out of the nba haha. The last decent Chinese player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)