Anyone else feel as though they're.... (1 Viewer)

NobodyKnows

HSC
.... RUNNING OUT OF TIME?!?!:bomb:

Thinking about the HSC is making me feel sick.
I'm scared.

HSC
N/A
Just chiiiillll

Keep reminding yourself that the HSC is a silly little exam designed to test your regurgitation abilities because it's too stupid to do anything else. Few people go into their exam thinking they're totally prepared, so don't stress yourself out too much :)

If possible, try to have fun with studying. I remember having a sheet about the 7 elements of Jacobean Tragedy up on my wall, and I would recite out those seven elements in this ridiculous accent which made me giggle :p

On a more serious note:

Assuming you're preparing for your english exams, practice essays are your best friend. Even if you don't think you know anything (this is so totally me two years ago when I was freaking out about Hamlet and R&G), just do one. You'll see at a glance what you need to work on, so look it up in your study notes. Then do another practice essay with the intent of polishing the stuff you do know, and integrating what you just learnt/remembered. Repeat process as neccessary until you are satisfied.

Aside from that, remember that this is your first "major" exam. It's new. It's big. It's frightening. Of course you're not going to feel totally prepared for it! :p Once you get over this 'Boot Camp', all other exams you do will seem a bit more managable :)

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
dont worry dude! just revise the things you aren't so good at and practice lots! you'll do fine if you stick to ur timetable and try to be well rested for the exams...

goodluck :)

NobodyKnows

HSC
I'm not retaining any information.... and I'm so utterly screwed for Ancient History. :(

HSC
NobodyKnows said:
I'm not retaining any information.... and I'm so utterly screwed for Ancient History. :(
you think that because you are stressed and you're aiming for a particular UAI

if you focus on your studies then you'll do fine

exactly what are you aiming for AH?

NobodyKnows

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
you think that because you are stressed and you're aiming for a particular UAI

if you focus on your studies then you'll do fine

exactly what are you aiming for AH?
At least an 80.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
NobodyKnows said:
Argh me too, there's just so much... it's going to depend on luck, there just isn't enough time for me to cover EVERYTHING properly in Ancient History..

I'm just really damn scared everything I study in detail won't be asked in all of my exams, and everything I skim on thinking it isn't relevant enough is going to result in essays..

NobodyKnows

HSC
uhawww said:
Argh me too, there's just so much... it's going to depend on luck, there just isn't enough time for me to cover EVERYTHING properly in Ancient History..

I'm just really damn scared everything I study in detail won't be asked in all of my exams, and everything I skim on thinking it isn't relevant enough is going to result in essays..
Exactly.

HSC
NobodyKnows said:
At least an 80.
and do you understand your topics? if you do then you should be fine, just do practice questions, and for pompeii do all the trial papers until you get them all correct ...then test yourselve...

good luck

and UnIqUe_PrInCeSs.. i understand how you are feeling... except the only things i understand are buisness man. + change, and marketing.. :(

NobodyKnows

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
and do you understand your topics? if you do then you should be fine, just do practice questions, and for pompeii do all the trial papers until you get them all correct ...then test yourselve...

good luck

and UnIqUe_PrInCeSs.. i understand how you are feeling... except the only things i understand are buisness man. + change, and marketing.. :(
My brain goes to mush for Personality and Period cuz my teacher taught the two topics together -- Caesar and the Fall of Rome. I think I've missed out on a LOT of information.

HSC
yeah i hate the essay ..

just keep doing exam papers until you have nearly everything there, and ask some of your friends to work with you

anyways study [as in learn +understand] your topics and uyou should be fine..

good luck

HSC
lol...Unique... just a fact, i have NEVER, through out my 2 years of doing business, used a case study.. only reason [and best] coz when i learn everything and study trying to learn my case study i forget everything i learnt..

anyways if you have the HSBC booklet or your library or anyone you know has it borrow it coz everything you need is in it about all topics.. its the best

karoooh

HSC
How've you been going with your ext. response section then?

muttiah

Banned
HSC
LottoX said:
I'm so afraid I'm going to fuck up somewhere along the line and ruin my chances to get into the course I want.
theres always garbage cleaning..

j/k.. u'll do fine man..when the time comes u will remembr everything..
sometimes i memorise and cant remembr anything but wen the test is in front of me it all comes rushing back..

goodluck studyu hard
bye

HSC
karoooh said:
How've you been going with your ext. response section then?
i'll take it you are talking to me..

at my school we only had one essay which we had to write in class and was out of 40..and i got 29/40 coz i didnt mention my case study..

but in the trials i got 9/20 :( i coz i didnt expand on anything, and no case study..

so yeah i just dont mention any case study

rajsc

HSC
aight aight..
i think we can chill a bit cause
i feel strangely relaxed .and know i haavent covered everything yet..
i still have heaps lol
but u know why?
its cause i sat through the trials
even just sitting through the trials helps heaps
do atleast one practice essay for each subject/topic and work on it.. there is stil lplenty of time
and remember u can get heaps done in an entire day
plus ppl say that the actual HSC is way easier than trials..
lol we all got big weeks coming up though..

Always

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
but do you have all your case studies prepared for each topic?

cause I don't :(
Neither do I!! eeek, I feel really screwed.

I've only made notes for 2/6 subjects. :eek: My maths ext 1 is a mess, I haven't touched it at all but I need it to count.

Need. More. Time. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)