Anyone else feel that their school is behind with work? (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
cal- said:
how are we guinea pigs because the stimulus booklet was withdrawn? that's a good thing and it's hardly different to last year. the people doing year 11 this year are the guinea pigs.
It is a good thing. But it's still a test, something that's different from last year. So really, people who did the HSC last year can't exactly help us out.
I heard though that for languages this year, Beginners will be able to (finally) use dictionaries. I don't know if this is true or not?

cal-

Banned
HSC
Yes they can... we do the exact same texts they did, we just find out own, as they did, to go along with it... the people that can't get help are next years.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cal- said:
how are we guinea pigs because the stimulus booklet was withdrawn? that's a good thing and it's hardly different to last year. the people doing year 11 this year are the guinea pigs.
Haha, no past papers, no guidance whatsoever.

cal-

Banned
HSC
yeah, fuck that. no notes from bos either.

bassistx

HSC
Yeah, 'cause they're not doing journeys.
But I mean they can't exactly help us with the stim book because it's gone.

cal-

Banned
HSC
??? of course they can't, and they wouldn't need to... because it's gone.

your argument makes no sense lol

bassistx

HSC
lol It's replaced with our texts or something though, isn't it? So we can't exactly rely on a booklet now.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Means you can choose texts that you enjoy, rather being forced to do texts you might not even like.

But then if you do want to do a text that was on the Stimulus booklet, then by all means use them. BoS' got shitloads of resources on them.

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
Bos might mark 'Belonging' papers more leniently to off set the disadvantage of no guidance/past papers etc.

bassistx

HSC
Kujah said:
Means you can choose texts that you enjoy, rather being forced to do texts you might not even like.

But then if you do want to do a text that was on the Stimulus booklet, then by all means use them. BoS' got shitloads of resources on them.
Which means more time spent studying/researching/etc. It takes a lot of time to gather your texts.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
most teachers ( apparently ) are still teaching texts from the stimulus book as they understand them the best.

My teacher made our class do one, and said for everything else we must use our own

HSC
cs01001 said:
Bos might mark 'Belonging' papers more leniently to off set the disadvantage of no guidance/past papers etc.
It's not like it matters, everyone will have the same disadvantage.

nagiha

HSC
risole91 said:
so does that mean you have finished all your prescribed texts--> the course?
Yep everythings done.
The castle
the shipping news
Seamus Heaney poetry

We are reading works on 'retreat from the global'. some books from various sources, so we can expand our knowledge..so my teacher says.

bassistx

HSC
I haven't even started my French coursework.
It's week 9 next week. I just hope they deliver my work before the holidays (via distance-ed).

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Here! Haven't finished Acidic Environment. (I'm doing Chemical Monitoring and Management). Haven't finished Blueprint of life (need the replication of DNA). Have Graph, Mechanics, Volume and Harder 3u to complete. OMG!

Sonata

HSC
BS we are really far behind, we just finished Managing Change.
For Physics and Chem, i feel we are a bit to fast? we are about to start our 3rd module dis week
2u well ive basically got the jist of it since i accel. it last yr though i dropped it since i didnt bother to study for it all year lol
3u. i feel too far behind might consider dropping it
English feels like going on normal pace

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Yes I feel really behind. especially in bio, we do nothing all lesson and today I asked my teacher about a question in the practice exam and she's like, "oh yeah, we didn't do that experiment, here's a sheet." I think i might drop it, but that'll mean I have to rely on ext history. eek.. half yearls in exactly one week. Are you guys worried?

HSC
yup, in my italian continuers class we're a month behind... we bludge so much in class, so i'm really not surprised. i think the teacher will make us complete a whole workbook in the holidays to compensate.

BlueGiraffe said:
half yearls in exactly one week. Are you guys worried?
shitting myself about ancient history mostly, but aside from that, not really. it's just irritating, we have two week of exams, the most difficult subjects are on the first week without any breaks between them, then in the second week i have my two easiest subjects with a day inbetween...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)