Anyone Else Finding It Hard To Get Into This "Uni" Mentality? (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
its not that you'll get bad marks, its just that the boundaries are lower so to speak. as in now, a great mark is an 80 and not a 95. i tried explaining that to a girl in my last ecop tutorial actually.

but yeah, good marks are just as achievable, its just a different way of marking , different numbers that you see basically, not just all easy 90s

santaslayer

HSC
It's worse when you have friends that are just as lazy as you. Esp when all they wanna do is either hang around the unibar to play pool all day or play cards...

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
noneother said:
Uni is totally different to what I thought it would be like. I'm finding it hard to even begin reading let alone attend the lectures. Falling asleep is probably my biggest obstacle at uni. Yr 11 and 12 wore me out big time and now i'm facing even more work. I think i'll aim for mediocrity rather than put in huge amounts of effort.
I did TAFE - Tertiary prep before starting uni and it helped me sooooooooo much!

anyway....if you're still not coping you could try next semester or whatever something that saved me heaps and I mean HEAPS of time on stupid readings/books. I grabbed them all about 2 weeks before uni started and read everything before hand..I know it sounds geeky...but its better than not having time to read the most important stuff b/c you have assignments and stuff due.

Ppl I know are still reading some books (my minor is written texts) that were talked about in lectures 5 weeks ago!

I can see your point on how different it is. tafe gave me such a headstart, and it's kind of amusing watching all the straight-from-highschool ppl freaking out b/c they just realised an assignment was due three days ago and they didn't get babied like we all did in highschool......*evil laugh!*....

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Every single assignment thus far I've finished on the eleventh hour...and yes I'm fresh from high school.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
its really hard for me too atm. it feels like i'm way out of what i should be doing. ie i think that i would have been happier in acu doing teaching. not that i dont like my uni friends and stuff i just dont think i have the knack for full time science at uni.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i still can't grasp the concept that at uni, wen u have nothing due short term, thats the time wen u should be working - it's the total antithesis of high school

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hehe...

i study 3 full time days (8-4/5 ish, 1 - 2 hr break/day), one half day, the other half day for club n soc, 1 day full time working (9-5), 1.5 days tutoring, half a day preparing tutoring stuff, leaving me but nights to study...

and i find it most fun...

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I bludge too much. Especially in between classes. Spend most of my time walking around and talking to friends. Then I get home too tired to bother with the days learnings. Strange thing is I just don't care anymore, whereas if this was high school I would've been stressed out big time.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
It has been two months since University started back and I still can't bring myself to be bothered to do much and the stuff that I am doing I procrastinate for so long that it take me a couple of hours to read ten pages:rolleyes:.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Im really tired, like all the time, dont know why - maybe vitamin deficiency lol.
Anyway I dont mind the independence but theres a lot of work to do and not enough time, I think Im gunna fail Accounting too, anyone got help for accounting??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I find out Friday when I get my AERO1560 assignment back if my lax attitude is paying off...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, I'm sitting in Coffee Republic (a coffee shop on the UNSW campus.... duh) drinking coffee on the net instead of being in my Architectural Technologies lecture. And boy is it fine.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
pussy_cat said:
Im really tired, like all the time, dont know why - maybe vitamin deficiency lol.
Anyway I dont mind the independence but theres a lot of work to do and not enough time, I think Im gunna fail Accounting too, anyone got help for accounting??
I had this problem last term. You gotta exercise! Everyday I try to fit in 1 hr of gym (do cardio eg. running, cycling etc.) and you should see an improvement in your stamina.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
noneother said:
I had this problem last term. You gotta exercise! Everyday I try to fit in 1 hr of gym (do cardio eg. running, cycling etc.) and you should see an improvement in your stamina.

yeah, exercise helps, plus make sure you're eating mostly healthy food, drinking lots of water, and getting enough iron and B12 (a lack of these tends to make you feel weak/tired...) Also, healthy sleeping patterns are a good idea - 9.30-10pm to 6am is idea.

lol, although i went to bed at 4:40 am this morning and got up at 10am, that was strange.

persephone

HSC
the past few weeks i've fallen asleep in lectures, kinda like a microsleep. i don't care about anything i'm doing. i don't really like it at all.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
HAAHHHA healthy sleeping patterns..... My usual sleep is 4 or 5 hours these days... I slept 7 the other night and my body complained of oversleeping for the rest of the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)