anyone else SCREWEDDD for HSC EXAM ancient history? (1 Viewer)

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
Yes I think I'm pretty screwed. I have about 70 pages of typed notes to memorise and I've only got a few hours >.<
Oh well I always feel screwed before Ancient but for some reason I end up doing pretty good.... yay for good memory and just reading & reading & reading over notes.

In desperation one thing that kind of works: if you can't remember specific details about historians or sources, just remember what historians and sources go with what topic and bullshit the crap :p

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Ahh a few people have said they got 85, 90 etc in trials. I got 44, coming 8/17 in my class. Either you're all insanely intelligent, our exam was hard or our class is just really stupid. I guess its the last one.

elle148

HSC
I'm coming 3/17... complete fluke!

I got 58% in trials... just had biology yesterday and intended on doing some major cramming today but spent it being lazy and doing half-arsed study

most definitely screwed

mostly for fall of roman republic... i'm good at julius caesar if i read through a couple of notes
it's just quotes that are freaking me out

then P/H is ok... and new kingdom egypt is a bit argh so yeah

hopefully i get above 65 lol but i really desperately want above 75

gpark

HSC
at least we're not alone fellow historians LOLSSS farkin hell history is not worth it! EVERY DOT POINT IT A BLOODY ESSAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pulls out hair from the head**

i wish gl to everybodyy and lets hope that its a niccceeee bullshitable examm :D

UsurpingBean

HSC
Seriously?

What have you guys been doing all year? I got Hatshepsut in the sack, NKE to T4 is a laugh, Sparta shouldn't even be in a test its so rediculously simple and Pompeii and Herculaneum I've been doing all today and will probably rofl once I see the exam as I did with CSSA trials and got 94% with only like 3/4 the knowledge I have now

Thankyou all absorbing brain!!!

anyhow GL all for tomorrow :)

bored6

HSC
UsurpingBean said:
Seriously?

What have you guys been doing all year? I got Hatshepsut in the sack, NKE to T4 is a laugh, Sparta shouldn't even be in a test its so rediculously simple and Pompeii and Herculaneum I've been doing all today and will probably rofl once I see the exam as I did with CSSA trials and got 94% with only like 3/4 the knowledge I have now

You suck.

bulldogzbabe

HSC
that woz prolli the most snobbish post ive eva read...but go for gold mate!! i do hope i kick ur ass in the test though...thats just the way it goes...

i wish there was like a list of quotes i could have summarised! i cant remember none of them...i remember 'i am xerxes, king of kings, king of lands containing many men.." and thats about it....HSC is so dumb...why couldnt we just have a topic test or watever as well as an assignment! it woulda been heaps less stressful...

relax ya'll....THERES ALWAYS STAT

bulldogzbabe

HSC
that woz prolli the most snobbish post ive eva read...but go for gold mate!! i do hope i kick ur ass in the test though...thats just the way it goes...

i wish there was like a list of quotes i could have summarised! i cant remember none of them...i remember 'i am xerxes, king of kings, king of lands containing many men.." and thats about it....HSC is so dumb...why couldnt we just have a topic test or watever as well as an assignment! it woulda been heaps less stressful...

relax ya'll....THERES ALWAYS STAT

elle148

HSC
UsurpingBean said:
Seriously?

ok look, it's all fine and great that you seem to be doing so well... and good luck to you with results, you probably deserve whatever you get!!

BUT... to say "what have you guys been doing all year?"?!?!
just because we might've been screwed for this exam, does NOT mean we didn't put effort in throughout the entire year.

That is such a generalisation... to assume we've been half-arsed ALL year just cause we say we're screwed for the hsc.

Half the people here have probably studied a hell of a lot but are just saying they're screwed due to stress over this exam... cause there's a lot to learn, and it's a 3 hour exam.

That is all. I'm sorry if it sounds mean, but that being said there was no need for you to be snobbish about you putting in a lot of effort and having the memory to retain it all. Some of us don't have that luxury.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Wow...that really wasn't half as bad as I thought it'd be...

looks like I might be going to uni afterall? (rhetoric)

47 days, 5 hours and 48 minutes until we find out how we went ^^

Venom.

HSC
Lol at the OP getting 100% in AH all round.
Great success.

Caitlintu

HSC
Hey,

I'm in yr10 and I have to choose my subjects next week, and I'm thinking about doing ancient. Should I choose it???

PS. I'm doing okay at history this year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)