Anyone experienced my position? (1 Viewer)

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Has anyone been in the position where they are waiting a few weeks before they actually start working? I was successful with my interview, saw the manager and she personally showed me around the store but I don't know yet when I will be working, even though I have spoken to her twice. She has said she has to finalise who where and when what new people are working where.

G

Gavvvvvin

Are you sure you were successful? Sounds to me like shes trying to give you a hint.

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Happened to me when I got a job at David Jones.
It was only because of their incompetence though. Tell them to put you in the next roster (however long the roster period is, usually a week). If they don't do that they are treating you unfairly and you should sit the manager down and tell him/her how it should be. It is mean for managers to give jobs (especially to students who need the money and may rely on the money) and then not give you shifts and leave you basically unemployed for a few weeks.

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Hey thanks for your reply. I've noticed that has happened to people at DJ's and Myer. I think I will wait until end of this month and then see what happens.

L

littlewing69

You're probably not on the roster yet. Tell your manager that you would really like to work ASAP and would be happy to fil in for others' shifts in the mean time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)