Anyone going to Onstage on Saturday? (1 Viewer)

jazzmuzik

HSC
My drama class is going to Onstage on saturday and then I'm going with my music class to Encore on Monday :) looking forward to it!
Cause I live a fair bit away both trips are costing us about $50 each, (So you all better be bloody good!!) I know you will be :)

Anyway good luckk for anyone in it!
anyone else going? or on another day?

(I also went to the design tech one too..)

:)

jessal

HSC
oooh. im going to see it on friday with my school. should be great. im very excited. i mised it last year because i was over seas. :)

booties4

HSC
Went on wednesday with drama class we saw programme A........suprisingly it wasnt that great. There were of course some performances that oushined most of them, but the majority i, as well as my drama class, sat there thinking "How did this get here?".

Our drama teacher explained the politics of onstage.........Its not fair!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i really wanted to go, just to see what sorts of performances my school had been up against because frankly i thought our class turned out a couple pieces that really deserved nominations and didn't get them :( ... but i forgot about it until it was a bit late to get tickets. so yeah. but it better have been damn good, lol. :)

booties4

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i really wanted to go, just to see what sorts of performances my school had been up against because frankly i thought our class turned out a couple pieces that really deserved nominations and didn't get them :( ... but i forgot about it until it was a bit late to get tickets. so yeah. but it better have been damn good, lol. :)
Your performances were probably better than some of them.....some of them made everyone questiion "HOW DID THAT GET TO ONSTAGE?"

jazzmuzik

HSC
I went last Saturday, (I saw programme A )
the first half was pretty great and the second half wasnt quite so good, but they had a couple of good ones..

My favourites were...
"Men at work"
and "Sanjay"

Overall i was disapointed at the number of acts. there were only 8! last year there were more werent there?. And also there werent very many design projects. There were only 3 for costume design and i seem to remember 5 or 6 last year! Is it just me or did anyone else notice how few things there were!?

Sandchez2

HSC
ok, I went to onstage with high expectations after watching my school's IP and group performances
and quite frankly it sucked
overall I liked 2 pieces, Sanjay and Men at work
there were some that werent bad, but in comparison to others i've seen they werent of the highest standard
and there were some that were utter crap
its the only way 2 describe some of them
sorry if i'm offedning anyone
but dude, how the hell did they get in
i know i wasnt the only one thinking it 2
I was really hoping for a nomination this year
but if I don't get one I'm not gunna be upset cause from this i saw that not all the good ones get in
:mad1:

matmatt

HSC
booties4 said:
Went on wednesday with drama class we saw programme A........suprisingly it wasnt that great. There were of course some performances that oushined most of them, but the majority i, as well as my drama class, sat there thinking "How did this get here?".

Our drama teacher explained the politics of onstage.........Its not fair!
hey yeah i saw this programme too, some of them were awesome but i came out feeling the same, like, it was great, but not brilliant. What are the "politics" of onstage?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
heh, politics of onstage...as i understand it, a certain number of public schools, private schools, religious schools etc etc have to get in each year (otherwise i suppose people would bitch about bias and favouritism) ... but it isn't really fair to the students who have worked so hard on their projects because it means that really brilliant projects are inevitably overlooked in favour of lesser ones simply because of the way that selections are made. i don't know how true this is, but it's been speculated that some schools (newtown performing arts being among the most prominent) are actually 'reserved' spots each year. i really hope this isn't true because in my mind this is bordering on outright corruption.

all of this is total bullshit imo, but what can you do? all i can say is that they should pick the BEST performances and projects and to hell with what school they're from. if it means having a program entirely composed of one type of school then so be it.

matmatt

HSC
wow. Reserved spots for the big performing arts schools? Thats pretty horrendous. Gives little hope for the country bumpkin performers like me.
What ever happened to getting to Onstage, being about pure skill and the brilliance of your peice?
dear oh dear.

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
I went to Programme B (at least I think it was).

Was it just me or did every second play have references to the Macarena and Charades? There was some good ones though. Oh well. The costume design there was good.

Sandchez2

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
(newtown performing arts being among the most prominent) are actually 'reserved' spots each year. i really hope this isn't true because in my mind this is bordering on outright corruption.

all of this is total bullshit imo, but what can you do? all i can say is that they should pick the BEST performances and projects and to hell with what school they're from. if it means having a program entirely composed of one type of school then so be it.
Newtown's group in onstage was SHIT
yes very very shit
no other way 2 describe it
sorry
SHIT SHIT SHIT
I'm pretty angry cause, not 2 seem up myself or my school, but the ones I saw all kicked the butts of the ones at onstage ESPECIALLY newtown
sorry I know I sound very negative
but it was all very SHIT
xx

Grovers

HSC
Sandchez2 said:
Newtown's group in onstage was SHIT
yes very very shit
no other way 2 describe it
sorry
SHIT SHIT SHIT
I'm pretty angry cause, not 2 seem up myself or my school, but the ones I saw all kicked the butts of the ones at onstage ESPECIALLY newtown
sorry I know I sound very negative
but it was all very SHIT
xx
I went to NHSPA last year and I know the group which got in was AMAZING!! "Sunrise"!! And for whoever wrote that we are reserved spots, that is extremely incorrect. Clearly, becasue we only haxd one performance item be selected and one design. So get over it, its whatever meets the criteria and who stands out and entertains the markers on the day. So, its personal choice for the most part!

SouperGirl121

HSC
I saw programme B and I thought it was really good. Favourite GP was the "Have your cake and eat it," favourite IP was "Almost By Chance a Woman" the QE1 one which i thought the girl's use of voice was brilliant.

PCByrnes

HSC
I thought 'sunrise' was horrible, as did the rest of my drama class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)