Anyone Heard back about the Principal Recc. Yet? (1 Viewer)

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
When do we have to apply for accomodation by (if we're deferring, that is)?
If you are going in for 2006 then check their accommodation website around August next year. First Round seems to close at the end of November for accommodation, that gives them some time to figure out how many new people are coming and how many of the existing people need spots too.

Edit: Unless you go to Albies, they're weirdos and like to have interviews by the look of it :D

how was your holiday ballerina? find a good motel?

Last edited:

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
it was pretty good - stayed at new england motor inn which was fine for what we needed... could tell it was the end of the yr though

is thurs night a big one in armidale? coz the pub not quite opposite new england motor in (on the main street, on the corner where the round about is) was pretty loud when i was trying to sleep thurs night!

Ashleet

HSC
Thursday night is albies night so most of albies is out, but generally there are alot of people out thursday, friday and saturday nights (sometimes wednesdays arent too bad, seeing as the stro will probably be dead from now on, will probably be more ppl in town on wednesdays as well).

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
nah i think thats bart.. he's pretty cool
duval is awesome, well thats wot i think
if you get in you'll have a great time

ben7

Hey. I got preselected for Rural Science..
No. 1 choice ALbies, no. 2 i cant remember.. i better get into albies. :p

Nuh im only goin to armidale if i dont get into UQ at gatton.. i need a 77... :S, its gunna be tight.

Ben

T

talene

LeftrightOut said:
Yeah I got all that years ago if I remember right, along with some brochures and other junk. Maybe they sent the pack in 2 lots and one just hasn't arrived yet?

Did you ask them to resend it?

i hope they've sent the pack in two lots because i haven't received anything else since...and the letter was dated Dec 3, so it should be here by now...
i'll call tomorrow because it's too late right now, and i'll ask for them to resend my stuff.

a question to the people who were accepted:
-what did you receive in the mail along with your confirmation letter?? (other than a brochure titled 'UNE at a glace' and something about campus tours...i'm talking forms and what not), also on your uac uni preferences (online) does it say anything about SRAS offers??? because mine doesn't...
I called uac but the lady said it won't say anything till January when the main round comes...but I dont understand why. is it because SRAS isn't considered to be a part of the early round??

I guess i'm just having jitters...i'm so unorganised!

brookalyn

HSC
just a question!!

my bestie got a letter from une saying she was successful in the principal recc offers but she had to change her prefs so the courses in the box was first pref. its the same letter i got with mine but my prefs were already right so i got the formal uac offer too!! so.. she has changed her prefs how long will she have to wait until she gets a formal uac offer?
any help would be gr8
thanx

T

talene

formal offer???
i just got a letter, and 2 brochures...does this mean i haven't received a formal offer?!?!!? WTF

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
http://study.une.edu.au/pagesection.php3?sectionID=124&p=AOC

Step 2: Lodge an application through UAC or QTAC

All current Year 12 students apply to UNE through the Universities Admissions Centre in your state (UAC for NSW/ACT students, QTAC for Queensland students). If you are a Year 12 student elsewhere in Australia, you can lodge your application through the NSW Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). Your marks will be converted into a UAI (Universities Admission Index) equivalent, so that your application can be assessed on the same criteria as others.

You can place up to nine courses on your application in NSW, and six in Queensland. List the courses in your order of preference, starting with the course you would most like to study. Your list can be a mix from different universities. It's important to use the correct course code from the UAC or QTAC Guide.

Your careers adviser can assist you with this process, or checkout the UAC or QTAC web sites. You can also contact UAC on (02) 9752 0200 or QTAC on (07) 3368 1166.

The on-time closing date for both UAC and QTAC applications is 30 September 2005. You will have opportunities to change your preferences after you have submitted your application. You can submit an application after the closing date, but a late fee applies.

Step 3: Lodge applications for alternative entry (if relevant)

If you are also applying via UNE's School/College Recommendation Admission Scheme (SRAS), you will need to submit that application through your school by 30 September 2005. Remember to lodge your UAC or QTAC application as well.

September is also the time to apply for one of the excellent scholarships offered by UNE to provide you financial support with your studies.

Step 4: Receiving and accepting an offer

Now all your hard work can be rewarded.

If you've applied for UNE's School/College Recommendation Admission Scheme we will contact you during December to advise whether you have been successful. If your application is successful, you secure your place in the UNE course by having it first on your list of preferences with UAC or QTAC. The University is not permitted to tell a student to put UNE as first preference.

From mid-December onwards, UAC and QTAC begin making offers to successful applicants. There are several rounds of offers. You will receive one offer for the highest eligible preference on your application. UAC and QTAC publish the offer timeline on their web sites.

If you are offered a place, you will receive a detailed package explaining how to accept your offer.

Step 6: Enrol

The package you receive after you've accepted your place at UNE will also include information on orientation, accommodation and opportunities to attend University induction courses.

You officially enrol during Orientation Week (O Week) in February, which is your first week at University. You'll receive full details on how to enrol when you accept your offer and, of course, we'll be there to advise you on the process.

brookalyn

HSC
formal letter?

is the one u get from uac offering you a position.

T

talene

i haven't received anything from uac...
this is really starting to piss me off because every time i call une they tell me something different, depending on who answers the phone :mad:
when does this form (which i don't even have yet) need to be sent by??? can i send it AFTER i receive my uai???

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
talene said:
i haven't received anything from uac...
this is really starting to piss me off because every time i call une they tell me something different, depending on who answers the phone :mad:
when does this form (which i don't even have yet) need to be sent by??? can i send it AFTER i receive my uai???
Unless you received an early round offer you will have to wait for a main round offer from UNE through UAC. So if you have your accepted UNE scourses at number 1 during main round they will automatically notify you of an offer via UAC. The letter you have now is just to let you know which courses you have been accepted for during schools rec. Meaning if you put any one of the ones you have been accepted for in number 1 position on your UAC preferences you will get an offer during main round for that regardless of your UAI.

So say you have applied for school recommendation for Arts, engineering, Ag, IT and only get accepted through the process for Arts and Ag it means if you put arts or ag first in your preferences you will get an offer. If you put engineering or IT in you will still have to qualify via a UAI as you have not been accepted to those subjects via the scheme.

Does that make more sense now?

They are different processes, UNE says they have reserved a spot for you if you choose that subject first in preferences but you will still have to wait for UAC to send out the offers as that is their job.

I am not sure what happens if you have your SRAS place in 3rd preference and miss out on your first 2 preferences. From reading the application process it sounds like they might not make you an offer if it's not the first choice. But you might want to call them up and double check that.

Oh and get used to being told something different everytime. You'll learn to get everything in writing once at uni :D

T

talene

i just called une, then uac, then une TWO more times!!
i asked for everything that was meant to be sent...to be RESENT, and a guy from une said that i need to send an email to Student Centre saying that i'd like to accept my offer.
ahhh so frustrating

HSC
talene said:
a question to the people who were accepted:
-what did you receive in the mail along with your confirmation letter?? (other than a brochure titled 'UNE at a glace' and something about campus tours...i'm talking forms and what not), also on your uac uni preferences (online) does it say anything about SRAS offers??? because mine doesn't...
I called uac but the lady said it won't say anything till January when the main round comes...but I dont understand why. is it because SRAS isn't considered to be a part of the early round??

I got that letter on Monday and it came in one envelope with that 'at a glance' brochure and the campus tour thing, but nothing else.

The letter said 'you can only be offered a firm place if one or more of the courses in the box becomes your first effective UAC preference ... If you place any one of the above courses as your second preference or lower, you will be offered a place only if your higher prefrences are unsuccessful'

My first two preferences are for Newcastle Uni, but I highly doubt I will get in, anyway I've already got a place at UNE, no sweat.

Didn't get anything about SRAS offers...

HSC
Actually I'm currently on hold to the freecall number... I wanna make sure about my preferences ... Now I'm a little worried.

.... God this music is bad ... HEY I'M THRU.

Ok I just asked ... and the woman cant help me. I gotta call back and ask for Penny Williams....

HSC
well my first pref isnt UNE, so I asked them if i was guaranteed a spot at UNE even tho its not my first preference, which I was pretty sure of anyway, but just wanted to double check. But yeah, im guaranteed.

HSC
Yeah, it's all good, it even says it in the letter you woulda got that you've got the place in whatever course you select for UNE if it isn't your first pref, and you don't get your first pref.. but yeah I was paranoid..

What colleges did you guys apply for?

Mine went :
earles page
drummond and smith
duval

Earles page called me the day after i sent it, i got so excited, but it was because i left out a section hahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)