Anyone here in ADFA? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
While Im not in it (I hope to be in it next year) I have a number of friends who are in and have contact with others in it, what exactly do you want to know?

hatty

Banned
what i need 2 know is the lifestlye of adfa.
like i know u gotta live there, but can u actually leave the premises in ur spare time?
is there a curfew and shit like that?
and less importantly, what is the ethnic composition of the ADFA, and what is the discipline like in ADFA?
if u can answer these, you are the king.
thanks

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I think you can leave the campus in your spare time when you don't have training or lessons or lectures (I tried for ADFA last year so I got this info).
Don't know about a curfew.
Ethnicity most likely is majority of caucasians but don't worry about getting picked on for being asian or indian or whatever cause they got this no discrimination policy where if you discriminate unfairly, they practically kick you out.
Discipline, dunno, probably quite strict.
Hope it helps.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
actually im interested in ADFA too
i wanna do the B Business majoring in Intelligence Analysis.
im gonna research a bit into it.
i know you gotta do an interview.
and be able to do 15 pushups !! (easy shit) and need to have a certain height and weight range.. (yup das me)
and also your eyesight needs to be good (but not compulsory, as long as your have contacts)
and also you gotta know how to swim (compulsory)
and you gotta be smart.
generally to be accepted as a recent school leaver a UAI of 80+ is needed as well as passing the interview and fitness test.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
hmm the lifestlye at ADFA, im not at ADFA but when they get 'released' for the weekend, about every third weekend the number of brawls in Canberra goes right though the roof, although its pretty funny to watch the military police round up the drunk army boys at curfew 3am, lets just say there not as friendly as regular police.
Although they all seem to have NICE done up car casue of all the money they get and not much to spend it on.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Engineering and Physics boys (armed with kegs and bottles, backed up by a legion of law students) v. Army boys baring only their fists... Sounds like a good fight!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dingo2004
i know you gotta do an interview.
an interview. Well lets see first of all you have the first defence recruiter interview at the JOES day.

Then you have a psych interview.

Then another recruiting officer interview.

Then you have a 45 minute Officer Selection Board (I have mine late next month).

So you have 4 interviews, oh and the medical test is really fun :rolleyes: but I will let someone else fill you in on that.

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by Ziff
Engineering and Physics boys (armed with kegs and bottles, backed up by a legion of law students) v. Army boys baring only their fists... Sounds like a good fight!
army boys? are they from the RMC or something?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
and be able to do 15 pushups !! (easy shit)
:lol:!

Originally posted by cheesegrater
hmm the lifestlye at ADFA, im not at ADFA but when they get 'released' for the weekend, about every third weekend the number of brawls in Canberra goes right though the roof, although its pretty funny to watch the military police round up the drunk army boys at curfew 3am, lets just say there not as friendly as regular police.
I thought ADFA was a part of UNSW:rolleyes:.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No ADFA isn't part of UNSW. While the academic side is handeled by UNSW (and that is where the degrees come from) it is an academy handeled by the Defence Force, based in Canberra.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Two of my good friends are in ADFA. The first six weeks are basically hell.... total boot camp. Then they start uni and things get a bit more relaxed, but their lives are still so highly regulated.... and the thing about the fights is right, they often bring army people down to albury because there is a barracks there, and whenever there are army people in town there are so so so many fights. I think it's because they train them to have an agressive nature.

All I can say is that I would never sell my autonomy like you have to at ADFA.... but I guess if you are the right kind of person it's different....

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
No ADFA isn't part of UNSW. While the academic side is handeled by UNSW (and that is where the degrees come from) it is an academy handeled by the Defence Force, based in Canberra.
Oh, OK. So would you go to UNSW for your theoretical learning and then the Defence Force in Canberra for the 'practical' part of your training:confused:?

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by Merethrond
Oh, OK. So would you go to UNSW for your theoretical learning and then the Defence Force in Canberra for the 'practical' part of your training:confused:?
at adfa you learn a trade that is useful for future employment in the army
eg. armament engineer or intellgence officer

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hatty
at adfa you learn a trade that is useful for future employment in the army
eg. armament engineer or intellgence officer
I see, thanks:).

Originally posted by RCMasterAA
Nah, ADFA is a campus. You'd go there for your learning in both your degree and your training.
Cheesegrater said that they get in fights in Canberra though, so what are they doing in Canberra:confused:? Or, is he/she talking about the graduates that are actually now in the Defence Force Academy (which is based in Canberra):)?

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by Merethrond

Cheesegrater said that they get in fights in Canberra though, so what are they doing in Canberra:confused:? Or, is he/she talking about the graduates that are actually now in the Defence Force Academy (which is based in Canberra):)?

im not sure about that myself, tell me if you ever find out.
are you interested in adfa?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
no ADFA is based in Canberra, it basically operates as a seperate campus. And Braindrainedash how are the twins doing? Didnt one fo them hurt their arm and have to stay back to do extra training?

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Cheesegrater said that they get in fights in Canberra though, so what are they doing in Canberra:confused:? Or, is he/she talking about the graduates that are actually now in the Defence Force Academy (which is based in Canberra):)? [/B][/QUOTE]

ADFA is is Canberra but they are not alowed to just come and go from the city as they please they get released every now and then, but they also go to various bases around the country for training every now and then i think they call it single service training?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)