Anyone here in ADFA? (2 Viewers)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm not sure, I'll probably be seeing them next week. There is only so much info I could get from their SMS messages in the limited time they could use their mobiles. I still think they don't have access to the internet or television.

Yeah one of them hurt her arm but I dunno if she had to stay back for extra training. Can't wait to see them though.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i hope you do relise that if you do get accepted that you will be signing a contract to be there for XX years.

A friend is at ADFA for air force and he has to be there for 10 years as it's part of the contract.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
...Cheesegrater said that they get in fights in Canberra though, so what are they doing in Canberra:confused:? Or, is he/she talking about the graduates that are actually now in the Defence Force Academy (which is based in Canberra):)?
LoL, it doesn't matter- where ever u go in the army- ur always gonna have fights, and if u can't handle them...then how u gonna fight in a real war? :rolleyes:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
i hope you do relise that if you do get accepted that you will be signing a contract to be there for XX years..
You can leave before graduation on the second year without needing to complete your IMPS

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm sure my friends said that they could only leave during the first year?

Still, I reckon it's such a long time to commit yourself for... I dunno what I will be doing in 10 years time!

My friends are committed for 15 years I think.... That's almost as long as they have already lived!!!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeah ADFA is cool...u get paid to earn a degree and guaranteed job afterwards...

i myself hope to get a military scholarship and become a medical officer...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hatty
im not sure about that myself, tell me if you ever find out.
are you interested in adfa?
No, I am not really interested in ADFA, it would be awesome to learn how to fly a plane though. I am just interested in knowing about ADFA:).

I think I understand now though. There are various ADFA campuses, UNSW is just one of them:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
LoL, it doesn't matter- where ever u go in the army- ur always gonna have fights, and if u can't handle them...then how u gonna fight in a real war? :rolleyes:
What does that have to do with my post:confused:? I was just wondering what they were doing in Canberra (I know now). I don't care if they want to get in fights or not:).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
What does that have to do with my post:confused:? I was just wondering what they were doing in Canberra (I know now). I don't care if they want to get in fights or not:).
ahh...ok- sorry for misinterpreting ya post. :p

Ribbon

there are some ADFA people in the anu debating society... thier team always looses... lol... but they are quite nice and social and stuff... apparently they have boys and girls dorms there (I was talking to a couple who both went to adfa) and they have to sneak into each others rooms at night because thier not allowed to have any kind of contact with someone of the opposite sex, like this guy wasn't even allowed to hug his girlfriend when she came out of an exam nearly in tears...

harsh!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
They do during the first 6 weeks as well, but they live inside a division building and during the first year the divisions are single sex all services, 2nd and 3rd year is mixed sex, single service.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It's a bloody shackle or two, I say.

As nobody has clarified the issue for some time, ADFA is a standalone institution that is run by the Australian Defence Force, yet its tertiary qualifications are provided by the University of New South Wales. It is located in Canberra, and all degree related activities take place at ADFA (on occasion a student may have to study at UNSW, but that is quite rare from what I have gathered from the UNSW aviation students that I have met).

Although that last paragraph seems ok, I am sure that someone else can provide a better description.

Last edited:

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by Xayma
They do during the first 6 weeks as well, but they live inside a division building and during the first year the divisions are single sex all services, 2nd and 3rd year is mixed sex, single service.
i dont understand
do officers get their private rooms or not? (disregarding the first 6 weeks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)