• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone Here That Can Clear This Up???? (1 Viewer)

D3Si

HSC
i am confused, this guy i know told me that Extension History is counted as an different subject and dosnt end up as a part of modern or ancient(at least he thinks that) and i am not too sure bout this coz if it is counted as an extra subject then it means that i got 6 subjects (didnt count IT coz i am kinda sure that i'll drop it) and so if i get my worst marks in maths and better marks in extension compared to maths, then maths wont be counted for my top 5 subjects as I got extension history as my backup subject.....
anyone here that can clear this........

ellen.louise

HSC
D3Si said:
i am confused, this guy i know told me that Extension History is counted as an different subject and dosnt end up as a part of modern or ancient(at least he thinks that) and i am not too sure bout this coz if it is counted as an extra subject then it means that i got 6 subjects (didnt count IT coz i am kinda sure that i'll drop it) and so if i get my worst marks in maths and better marks in extension compared to maths, then maths wont be counted for my top 5 subjects as I got extension history as my backup subject.....
anyone here that can clear this........
It doesn't work like that (what i think ur trying to say anyway). Extension history is not part of modern or ancient, no. It is separate. But it's not your top 5 subjects that counts towards your HSC, it's your top 10 units. ext history is one unit. Tell me what your subjects are: I might be able to clear it up better that way. but if you had 11 units, and 2U maths is your lowest, you will be given a score for 2U maths and then that score will be divided in two and this half-score will count like a one unit subject towards your HSC.

D3Si

HSC
Im doing:
General Maths
English(standard)
I.T
Modern History
Extension History
Legal Studies
Business Studies

ellen.louise

HSC
D3Si said:
Im doing:
General Maths
English(standard)
I.T
Modern History
Extension History
Legal Studies
Business Studies
General maths = 2U
English = 2U
I.T. = 2U
Modern H. = 2U
Ext. H. = 1U
Legal studies = 2U
Business = 2U

you have 13 units, thus 3 will not count. If ext. history does not count, your Marks will be comprised of your top 5 subjects. if it does, as i said above they will take your one unit of ext. history and half of the score of your next best subject.

D3Si

HSC
you have 13 units, thus 3 will not count. If ext. history does not count, your Marks will be comprised of your top 5 subjects. if it does, as i said above they will take your one unit of ext. history and half of the score of your next best subject.[/quote]

so i gotta study my ass of for maths anyways , coz they still gonna half the scores of maths if i get more in extension history than maths.....

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
D3Si said:
Im doing:
General Maths
English(standard)
I.T
Modern History
Extension History
Legal Studies
Business Studies

You have 13 units.

The 2 units of English will count and then your next best 8 units - could be IT, Modern, Legal and Business are you next best 8 and thus your Maths and Ext won't count.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ellen.louise said:
Sorry - I didn't read the first post properly, particularly after you included IT in your list of subjects.

Once you drop IT then either 2 units of Maths will count or 1 unit of Maths and 1 Ext History.

Each unit is worth 50 marks - so if you get 80 as you HSC mark each unit will be worth 40 and to calculate your UAI that take the best two units of English (in your case the only two units of English that you are doing) and then your next 8 best units - if you get say 42 in Ext History and 80 in Maths then the 42 from Ext will count plus 40 (the value of ONE unit of the Maths).

This is assuming, of course, that the 9th and10th best units are Ext and Maths (of course they could be any of your units except English that must count)

D3Si

HSC
cem said:
Sorry - I didn't read the first post properly, particularly after you included IT in your list of subjects.

Once you drop IT then either 2 units of Maths will count or 1 unit of Maths and 1 Ext History.

Each unit is worth 50 marks - so if you get 80 as you HSC mark each unit will be worth 40 and to calculate your UAI that take the best two units of English (in your case the only two units of English that you are doing) and then your next 8 best units - if you get say 42 in Ext History and 80 in Maths then the 42 from Ext will count plus 40 (the value of ONE unit of the Maths).

This is assuming, of course, that the 9th and10th best units are Ext and Maths (of course they could be any of your units except English that must count)
thanks...now i understand this better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)