Anyone into Amway? (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Promptly punch your friend... hard... repeatedly!

kow_dude

HSC
politik said:
Those companies still exist? I can't believe people don't realise that they're just pretty pyramid schemes.
Evidence?

desmond.thai

HSC
If your friend is attempting to get you interested in Amway, get your information from someone who is qualified and who knows more about the business than some of the people on this forum seem to know.

If you were contemplating on going to med school, would you seek advice from a butcher?

A pyramid scheme does not have products, Amway does and Network 21 is simply a business concept in education program.

Do yourself a favour and research it thoroughly before you make a decision.

kow_dude

HSC
desmond.thai said:
If your friend is attempting to get you interested in Amway, get your information from someone who is qualified and who knows more about the business than some of the people on this forum seem to know.

If you were contemplating on going to med school, would you seek advice from a butcher?

A pyramid scheme does not have products, Amway does and Network 21 is simply a business concept in education program.

Do yourself a favour and research it thoroughly before you make a decision.
I agree with with Desmond. I work with a company that has a similar structure as Amway. There has been news representing such companies as being a fraud. There's a lot of bullshit comments coming from people who think they know how these companies operate.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Don't get involved with AmWay. I heard it's a waste of time. Only do it if your good at selling things like detergent for $22.

desmond.thai

HSC
I know how you feel, Doc. I've felt it before but its not just detergent Amway sells.

If you take time to investigate and research, you will find a vast list of exclusive products

Amway is not just about soap anymore.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
It works, if you're willing to put the time and effort into it - like any other business.

kow_dude

HSC
tempco said:
It works, if you're willing to put the time and effort into it - like any other business.
I agree. And one great thing about Amway is that you don't pay for property rent.

pete_mate

HSC
desmond.thai said:
When you join Amway you find out who your friends really are.
damn, it's like a cult. they've already got you to believe only the cult members are your real friends

desmond.thai

HSC
It doesn't necessarily mean that only Amway people are your friends, as a matter of fact they can't be classified as friends as such. They are more business associates than friends.

But true friends don't turn their back on you because you are in Amway.

Dr_Doom

HSC
No it's a pyramid scheme or whatever you want to call it...

desmond.thai

HSC
Yeah, yeah, yeah, typical.
Just get to a business preview and find out the real deal rather than getting bits and pieces of misinformation from sour grapes, or people who are uninformed.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Amway-Nutrimetics-Mary Kay etc.

Waste of time. Unless you can sell stuff for 3 times what its worth.

desmond.thai

HSC
Amway products are not like any product, you get what you pay for.

With Amway, there is NO minimum purchase required.

People are encouraged to try out some products and promote the ones they like. It is no different than telling your friends about a restaurant or favourite place you like.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
desmond.thai said:
Amway products are not like any product, you get what you pay for.

With Amway, there is NO minimum purchase required.

People are encouraged to try out some products and promote the ones they like. It is no different than telling your friends about a restaurant or favourite place you like.
I don't have to pay a restaurant a joining fee to tell my friends about it.
I don't have to attend paid meetings every fortnight with other people who tell their friends about the restaurant.
The restaurant does not encourage me to buy overpriced books and tapes only through them to help me get motivated to tell other people about the restaurant.
I don't have to tell my friends and convince them to use the more expensive restaurant because they give "concentrated" meals where the twice as expensive meal is actually twice as much as they would get in othr restaurants.
The restaurant does not encourage me to only eat there and "go core".
The restaurant does not belittle my outside interests and other commitments by saying "JOB is a 4 letter word".
The restaurant does not want me to write down the contact details of 10 people I know even before I join.
The restaurant does not waste my time drawing circles and showing me the plan.
The restaurant does not expect me to show others the plan.
The restaurant does not cause me friction with friends by saying if they were my friends they would join too, they are just dragging me down by not joining the restaurant as well.

So no, Amway is not like telling your friends about a restaurant.

How is an amway product not like any other product? Do their cola cans that cost more than in stores somehow have magical properties? Do the food items that are pricier than in stores offer better value when I would have to wait at least a few days to get them?

You'd make more money buying shit on sale at coles and reselling than the commission you make off amway, the money is at diamond level with the books and tapes and you have to sucker a lot of people in to get there.

desmond.thai

HSC
Ridiculous, What a ridiculous statement.

You will not become financially free eating at that restaurant either.

Keep shopping at Woolies and Coles and in 5 years, lets see how financially free you are.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)