Anyone into Film Directing? (1 Viewer)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I'm extremely interested in writing the scripts (but for television shows, rather than films).

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Yep, it's my passion at the moment - which seems non-sensical as i'm only 16 =.=. Lol, however, i'm kinda stuck in a threshold, i would love to go through directing/writing as a career but there is so much room for failure and yeah, i don't want to be those guys who work as dead-end waiters in Los Angeles waiting for their big break .... So i've been told, " Oh take on a job your good at, since you like english ( like a Lawyer or even a psychologist) and use your money to fund your hobby: Film"
BUT IT'S MORE THEN A HOBBY I WANT IT TO BE MY GODAMN LIFE
*Ahem* So yeah, i'm into film....

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
lololskates said:
Yep, it's my passion at the moment - which seems non-sensical as i'm only 16 =.=. Lol, however, i'm kinda stuck in a threshold, i would love to go through directing/writing as a career but there is so much room for failure and yeah, i don't want to be those guys who work as dead-end waiters in Los Angeles waiting for their big break .... So i've been told, " Oh take on a job your good at, since you like english ( like a Lawyer or even a psychologist) and use your money to fund your hobby: Film"
BUT IT'S MORE THEN A HOBBY I WANT IT TO BE MY GODAMN LIFE
*Ahem* So yeah, i'm into film....
...What?

Anyway, here's some advice. Do Visual Arts for the HSC, and make a film. then send it everywhere.. film competitions, studios (as part of work experience applications). My friend did that (HSC:2006), got accepted into the australian film school and now he works at a major visual effects firm

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Captin gay said:
...What?

Anyway, here's some advice. Do Visual Arts for the HSC, and make a film. then send it everywhere.. film competitions, studios (as part of work experience applications). My friend did that (HSC:2006), got accepted into the australian film school and now he works at a major visual effects firm
Haha i was just having a rant sorry. But, i plan to do 4u English and create a film through that. But you see, is it just my lack of knowledge? But is film not a feasable career? Where will the money come from post uni or film school? Do you have to gamble everything into your "debut" ? Or do you get some kind of magical salary to bring food and luxuries onto your table? Or am i still going to be stuck with a Sony HVR-Z1 but living with my mum when i'm 30?

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
lololskates said:
Haha i was just having a rant sorry. But, i plan to do 4u English and create a film through that. But you see, is it just my lack of knowledge? But is film not a feasable career? Where will the money come from post uni or film school? Do you have to gamble everything into your "debut" ? Or do you get some kind of magical salary to bring food and luxuries onto your table? Or am i still going to be stuck with a Sony HVR-Z1 but living with my mum when i'm 30?
Depends if you have talent. Go to your library and pick up any of the media mags.. there are a shitload of highly-educated directors who are struggling with small-scale projects. It's fucking hard to make it big.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I can imagine it would be hard. I mean, it's highly competive, highly risky too. But...it's the payoff that makes it worth it? I'll be at crossroad one day...a money paying career or my dream passion...And the sad fact is...i'l have to choose :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)