• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone into photography? (2 Viewers)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
SAYING THAT.

Camera technology might improve to the point where we won't even need DSLR's

Just look at point and shoot cameras, they used to be popular as F, now they are considered old and out of date

astroman

HSC
SAYING THAT.

Camera technology might improve to the point where we won't even need DSLR's

Just look at point and shoot cameras, they used to be popular as F, now they are considered old and out of date
some ppl still use them though, i guess some prefer having a dedicated camera as opposed to a mobile to take photos with. if camera technology is to improve to the point where it beat's DSLR quality, it will most definitely be in a mobile phone for sure.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
some ppl still use them though, i guess some prefer having a dedicated camera as opposed to a mobile to take photos with. if camera technology is to improve to the point where it beat's DSLR quality, it will most definitely be in a mobile phone for sure.
Yep

They even have 4K in the latest smart phones now

A lot of DSLR's do not even have that

astroman

HSC
did any1 manage to take some good pics of the super moon a few days ago? i tried but failed.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yep

They even have 4K in the latest smart phones now

A lot of DSLR's do not even have that
That's because 4k has only become mainstream quite recently, early next yr Canon will most likely release the new 1D X mk ii and 5D mk iv with 4k capabilities.

tbh though, 4k for phones is pretty pointless, the file would take up too much internal memory unless you had an additional micro sd card

turntaker

HSC
That's because 4k has only become mainstream quite recently, early next yr Canon will most likely release the new 1D X mk ii and 5D mk iv with 4k capabilities.

tbh though, 4k for phones is pretty pointless, the file would take up too much internal memory unless you had an additional 2tb external hard drive
ftfy

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
srs questions, why do u prefer canon over nikon, is it coz u had canon lenses to begin with or other reasons?
No, when i started i had no gear at all so i wasn't biased in that regard. For some reason i just had a personal preference towards the canon brand, however i do hate the Nikon menu layouts with a passion so that was another reason. I find that Canon dslr's generally are easier to use, especially for people just getting into photography. Canon also has a wider rare of lens choices (and are normally cheaper).

These are just my opinions, Canon vs Nikon is like Apple vs Samsung and Holden vs Ford, everyone has their team and debating which is better is pointless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)