Anyone know DJ Shadow ? (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i acquired an album by this DJ, thinking it was either Trance , but something asso made me think it might have been hiphop.

However he uses a few genres and him music is very differnt to any i have heard before. if anyone heard his music tell me what you think of him.

a8o

HSC
What's the record?

I was obsessed with Private Press when it first came out, which led me onto Entroducing and after hearing that classic the Private Press seemed a little sterile in comparison.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
its almost made for meditating in my opinion , hpw ever its does have louder and more faster beats in some parts but i been listening to it all day today.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah got introduced to it by virgin^sexy, and quite like it, as you said its very meditative

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
One Two Three Four Five...Break Down Baby!

Endtroducing is one of the best hip hop albums of all time. The only instrumentals producer that comes close to Shadow is DJ Krush imo. Others like Blockhead, RJD2, Daedelus, Amon Tobin come close.

Endtroducing still blows me away every time.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
He did that song March of Death with Zach de la Rocha right?

meeli

HSC
He did Rabbit in your Headlights with Thom Yorke and U.N.K.L.E, riiight?

gerhard

HSC
my philosophy prof was rambling and said the 'im a student of the drums, but also a teacher' and was like, 'does anyone know this song', but no one did.

EXCEPT ME.

OneManArmy

HSC
i'd prefer to listen to RJD2 rather than DJ Shadow...Endtroducing is a great cd, but [RJD2's] Deadringers and Since We Last Spoke interest me more...

iwannarock

HSC
snowmeemo said:
He did Rabbit in your Headlights with Thom Yorke and U.N.K.L.E, riiight?
that video freaks me out.

the guy in it is a weirdo.

what the hell is he talking about. then he just becomes invincible and nails a car.

i do like dj shadows work on march of death with zack de la rocha. i'm biased though cuz i love zacks work in rage and other guest features. whens his damn solo album coming its like the chinese democracy.

Bricktop

HSC
DJ Shadow is perhaps my favourite artist at the moment. I suggest everyone goes and buys Pre-emptive Strike and try to find a torrent of his In Tune and On Time live set. It's that amazing.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
he didn't do rabbit in yr headlights with unkle, he is unkle, well half of unkle anyways.

and onemanarmy, you probably prefer rj as he's more hip hop based.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)