• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone know the rates for mcdonalds,kfc or bakers delight? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
plus (at least where i worked) time at bakers goes reeeallly slowly... but one bonus was i generally worked weekend shifts where there was no supervisor or anything, and by the time i'd been there about 6 months i was actually considered 'above' some of the people i worked w/cuz i'd been there longer...

porkchopz

zeeeeeee
HSC
:apig: :apig: :apig:
i'll just apply for all three and hopefully one of dem takes me in..
took me like 30 phonecalls to get one weeks of work experience in yr 9

jade

bakers

i've worked at bakers for 3 years; 17yrs = $9, 18yrs = $11 but you get heaps of extras like uniform allowance, holiday allowance etc which ends up being an extra $10 - $20 per week...it doesn't matter how much experience you have everyone gets paid the same.

Ribbon

I know this isn't specifically in the topic, but supermarkets have similar pay, and similar work (in that you have to serve whingy customers and stand up all day) but it is a cooler and much safer environment. casual 17yr olds get paid $9.6603 an hour at BiLo (I've heard woolworths pays more though), time and half on sundays and double time and a half on public holidays. You also get free stuff, eg if a bag of anything that is individually wrapped (ie chips, chocolate) gets ripped it gets put in the lunchroom for the staff. At our store we also get a birthday cake every month for the staff, food on melbourne cup day, ect. Not that long ago we had 3 boxes of free water...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
We have boxes of free water at the moment, cept its warm, u have to put it in the fridge if u want it cold.

MoNNiE

HSC
that means i'm going to get ripped off for working at the adidas international this year selling ice-creams again!..damn them

would you think commission is better or hourly rate?!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah i've worked selling food at sporting events etc... it sucked... there was no real training, i was just shoved in the busiest section and told to work the cash register and stuff... and they always screwed me over with hrs, like when i'd call up it'd be like "you start at 11" so i'd sign in and stuff, go to my section... "why are you here? you don't startuntil 12.30". grrr. the pay was pretty good, although only 30c more/hour than my other job... and the other problem was, at least with working the cricket, you never knew if you'd be there 2 hours or 12... and yeah it sucked... and there were these indian guys that would always hit on me... the vendors working for commission might've had it a little better but i don't think so...moneywise it's potentially better but i'd rather have the safety of an hourly rate..

come to think of it... i'd rather just not work there ever again

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i work at woolworths..
i think when i was under 16 it was like $6.62 or something like that... and that was after the 3 months training
when i turned 16 i got (and am currently getting) $8.73 an hour (and theres time and a half on sundays.. double time and a half on public holidays.. and a bit extra if u work between 10pm-12am
17 year olds at my work get $10.05 and yeh all those added benefits
i think if ur a supervisor (u gotta be over 18) u get paid more too

psycho_mushy

HSC
stop it with the piggy's!

I want a job as well!

I'm too damn scared to ask and stuff! :(

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Originally posted by psycho_mushy
stop it with the piggy's!

I want a job as well!

I'm too damn scared to ask and stuff! :(
I'm assuming ur a guy....stop being a woos and get out there. Seriously whinging aint gonna get u n e where + the job won't just come to u.

Ur scared? I was too and i'm like the "shy" kind as well but after like the first day my confidence grew like hell and now everything's gr8. U could b like me: pretend ur not scared and then it would really happen...that's wat i did. I said i'm not going to hide like a woos so i changed...for the better.

Hey cro_angel? U sed 17 yo gets paid $10.05 ?
I work at Woolies too but I only get paid $9.90....how come?

I wanna b a waitress now. My friend is one and her pay is like WOW!!!!!!!
She gets like TIPS and her tips r sometimes more than her pay!!!
Like one table gives you $1...another $2 another $2.50 another $3 etc....and by the end of the day she has $$$$$$$$$ cash in hand! I think she's got charm. But I can do that!!!!! ...hopefully.... unless some bastard tries hitting on u.

sleepy_all_day

Get the job at maccas, it pays more than KFC and it looks good on your resume, and most importantly its a fun job, you dont hate every shift.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
no, dont
sugamama is a shifty bastard, you dont know what he'll put in your sub

Slimeboy

HSC
Originally posted by sleepy_all_day
Get the job at maccas, it pays more than KFC and it looks good on your resume, and most importantly its a fun job, you dont hate every shift.
KFC is higher pay than maccas

bex

HSC
Im 18 and get paid $12.50 and hr in a Pharmacy- and thats with no experience.. its pretty good although i would suggest a bar job..some of my friends are earning $18 for the week and $20+ on a sunday, not including tips.. how good is that!? im so jealous!

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by bex
Im 18 and get paid $12.50 and hr in a Pharmacy- and thats with no experience.. its pretty good although i would suggest a bar job..some of my friends are earning $18 for the week and $20+ on a sunday, not including tips.. how good is that!? im so jealous!

18 bux a week ???
how is that good ;)
must be in american dollars
that equates to Aus$ 32472034857282 !1

btw i have a job in a packaging company im 15 and i get paid 7 buks an hour considering i do jackshiet in my work .. and work long hours (8 hours) it all adds up

and using my elite mathematic skills i got paid about 93 buks for 2 days

so 93.0 x
-------

not bad

and all i did was stick stickers on the box to seal the package :p

scandal

HSC
Originally posted by porkchopz
so bakers sh*t pay?
wots the average pay for 17yo? like wots too low?
Im a 17 year old at Bakers Delight - i get paid $10 an hour with time and a half on Sundays. Plus we get $1.50 extra per shift unifrom allowance - so no not really bad pay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)