Anyone know what the crap is going on here? (1 Viewer)

MysteryGenius

HSC

cos I sure as hell don't

all videos I watch on the net look like this on my laptop, but when I change the quality from 360p to 480p on youtube it goes back to normal. does anybody have even the slightest idea on how to fix this?

I've already checked to see if it's just because the adobe flash player is out of date, but it says "Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available." so I'm assuming that's not the cause

thanks lovelies

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm have you checked in a different browser?

I remember there was a time youtube clips would give me a ton of random green flashes through the clip (covered the whole vid screen though) but I forget what I did to fix it...

IamBread

HSC
I have had the same problem for the past week or so, and, other then changing the quality, I have no idea how to fix it. It's really been annoying. I haven't tried a different browser as I am lazy lol, but I use chrome.

MysteryGenius

HSC
lol yeah it's been like this for the past couple of days now. it's getting pretty annoying especially since it'll download the video like that >.<

IamBread

HSC
You download them like that..? Damn...

I hate when videos only have the one quality option. Then theres nothing you can do about it. Though I was watching a few videos today where it wasn't doing it at all, strange thing.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Try reinstalling the driver for your GPU.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
1) Right click on the Youtube video
2) You'll see various options appear. Select "Settings" or "Display" (depending on your computer / browser you'll see different options)
3) Under "Settings" or "Display", de-select the 'Enable hardware acceleration' option.
4) Refesh the video and it should play without the green error.
Please don't kill me if this blows up your computer

MysteryGenius

HSC
You download them like that..? Damn...

I hate when videos only have the one quality option. Then theres nothing you can do about it. Though I was watching a few videos today where it wasn't doing it at all, strange thing.
it's so dumb. I had to download some videos from youtube today and it turns out the green bar and those weird outlines wanted to come along too. super!

sometimes resizing the video would fix it, and this did work for the first couple of times, but not anymore :'(

Try reinstalling the driver for your GPU.
lol I'm not that good at computers. how would I do that?

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
That happened to me as well last week. I just updated my graphics card driver and it worked :)

And it's okay, MysteryGenius, I'm not good at computers (or any technology) either!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you open up dxdiag?

How to:

1) Go to the Start Menu
2) On the search bar, type 'dxdiag'
3) When the window opens, click on the 'Display' tab
4) Can you tell me what it says next to 'Name' on that tab?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)