Anyone lost their license? (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
SlipStream said:
Because they aren't monsters that only come out at night, they're people as well - who have jobs, go to school... hell they probably even have parents too - like you and me. You'd be wishing for exactly the same treatment if you were caught doing 120 down the highway - 30kms over the P-plate limit, and you may have not even noticed, as you were merely keeping up with traffic.

It's a common misconception as well that cops are animals - dehumanised into objects (such as "pigs"), rather than people with a family to support: scapegoats to our own disobedience of the rules of the road. These rules are there for a reason, and somebody has to enforce them. Cops see what happens to people in crashes, and as much as they want to prevent this from happening, they also want to remove the societal stigma over them as public enemies who do nothing but hand out speeding tickets. My uncle used to be in the highway patrol - I've heard some shocking stories from him.
Wtf?? I'm talking about driving way, WAY over the speed limit, not just 10 or 20 Ks over. There is absolutely no reason why someone who is doing 140 in a FIFTY zone or something similar shouldn't have their license immediately suspended and have their car impounded. Of course I would be wishing for leniency if I was caught doing 120 on the motorway...but that's cos my limit is 100. I'm talking about doing 140 in a 50 zone and in Argonaut's example, 170 in a 60 zone.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
over a hundred on a highway might be negotiable but doing that in a residential area should cop a immediate suspension of licence. there's a difference between speeding on a road surrounded by concrete and a road full of cars and possible pedestrians.

SlipStream

HSC
yenta said:
Wtf?? I'm talking about driving way, WAY over the speed limit, not just 10 or 20 Ks over. There is absolutely no reason why someone who is doing 140 in a FIFTY zone or something similar shouldn't have their license immediately suspended and have their car impounded. Of course I would be wishing for leniency if I was caught doing 120 on the motorway...but that's cos my limit is 100. I'm talking about doing 140 in a 50 zone and in Argonaut's example, 170 in a 60 zone.
Oh ok... in that case yeh I definitely agree with you.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i sometimes am going down a main road at night and thinking wtf is the speed limit 60 i could go 100 and be fine, wat stupid speed limits...

but at the same time i realise i am saying that because i am an inexperienced driver who has been driving for 4 years and i don;t think i am invincible while behind the wheel.

for any of you trying to argue anything in relation to speed limit laws being stupid...quit while you're ahead.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
how long till they send you a suspension of licence notice after copping a fine?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
so till they send one out can we still drive around..?.i mean i have a month to go till exams finish and hate going a 20min drive by a bus that takes 45 mins....

oh2sxc

HSC
yenta said:
No wonder so many people continue to speed and drive wrecklessly...even when they do get caught they get off!!!
far out, heres a story..

i got caught doing burnouts and doing 100 in a 60 zone in my mates dads car WHICH was a government car AND he didnt know about us taking it out which lead me to being arrest threatened for grand theft auto/speeding and wreckless driving which lead to some serious talking to by the cops and a loss of 3 points and a 1000$ fine.. but if that guy HAD given me a criminal record it would've fucked my life over completely and now i learnt my lesson and don't do it anymore.

If every P-Plater caught doing stupid shit is given a criminal record then where does that help the situation? Sure, you get the odd dickhead who will do it again but most p platers get hit in the face and realise shit and learn from it..

just stupid if u catch them and ruin their life when they could learn the lesson.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
they send a letter with a date of when your license is suspended from, usually its ages away from when you get the letter e.g if they sent the letter off nov 1st, you will prolly get it around 2,3rd and the date suspended from will be around dec 1st.

You can drive up until the date printed on the letter, if you drive after that date there will be serious consequences

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
so its not suspended from the date of the last offence?...its when then think it'll be suspended from?....that's kind of wierd...oh well till i get i'll keep driving!

skyline27

HSC
Yep they state the date from when you lose it, it will read somthing like your P1 provisional Class C Driver licence will be suspended on from 30 september 2006, then go to the next paragraph and say when you get it back.

I am not even 18 yet and have lost my licence twice didn't have the money to take it to court the first time, got caught neg driving $300 and 3 points, one night out of town cop was in town, booked me for not dipping highbeam lights, $75 and one point, i was driving a mates car for him taking him home, was a VL and there standard lights are crap, especially compared to my skyline that i'm use to.

Next was comin home from tafe on the highway crap day, hour drive each way to and from tafe, caught 127 in 90 zone, am currently serving the 6 month suspension for that, knew i was in the wrong copped in on the chin, but need licence for job so will settle down for sure, but was $575 so left a nice hole in the pocket.

Unfortunately, living in a small town, can get targetted very easily from police people will contest this to the death but i can guarantee being a P plater in the town i live in you will be targetted for no reason, and jus finishing a traineeship in mechanics, having full knowledge of my car, i have proven police wrong and they don't like that.

All this discussion about only having so many years experience is all good and well, but nobody knows each persons background and there driving capabilities, because there will be people on here that wouldn't know what to do if a car got in a spin, i believe the P's test is too easy, should be compulsry to take some sort of defensive driving course if you don't have any background in rally programs etc that younger people can join.

But yes advice to everyone if you havn't lost your licence try to be sensbile because public transport and walking sucks hard.

Dave.

turtleface

HSC
er... garbology is societal studies through waste analysis. Practitioners don't actually drive around in the trucks......

macoboi

HSC
lost mine for 3 months, <10km over the limit on october long weekend last year.

i was doing 79 in a 70 zone, so imagine my shock when i opened the ticket to a $250 fine, which claimed i was actually caught inside a 50 zone (i pulled over in the 50 zone, after seeing the lights in the 70)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)