Anyone need help? (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
What's everyone's plan of attack tomorrow?

Personally I'm going to skim through the paper for about 2mins, then spend a fair amount of time thinking about the large 7/8 markers.
Then I'm going to work through the paper with those in mind, and do all those big markers last. Hopefully I can finish everything except those with about an hour to go.
Going to read through the whole paper. Read over the 5+ marks/hard questions and when time starts going to highlight the key words in them. Then going to do multiple choice then do the paper normally however skipping the ones i previously highlighted. Then going to plan them and do them :)

hopefully it will work...

Aysce

HSC
Good luck to all of you - I'd like to see TheOptimist and Madharris get full marks tomorrow =)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Genetics option question:
anyone want to help me with transposons?

Good luck to all of you - I'd like to see TheOptimist and Madharris get full marks tomorrow =)
Thanks! Good luck to you too, I'm sure you'll do amazing!

Blocy

HSC
N/A
Going to read through the whole paper. Read over the 5+ marks/hard questions and when time starts going to highlight the key words in them. Then going to do multiple choice then do the paper normally however skipping the ones i previously highlighted. Then going to plan them and do them :)

hopefully it will work...
Omg doing the same thing!
Does anyone else find that they have copious amounts of time after checking their answers in bio exams? I always end up reanswering questions with more information.

teeah

HSC
What's everyone's plan of attack tomorrow?

Personally I'm going to skim through the paper for about 2mins, then spend a fair amount of time thinking about the large 7/8 markers.
Then I'm going to work through the paper with those in mind, and do all those big markers last. Hopefully I can finish everything except those with about an hour to go.
Work out which ones are the easiest for me during reading time, answer those first, plan my responses for the 5+ marker ones, do multiple choice and then long responses (planned ones)
Then check.
And recheck.
Repeat, as many times as necessary.
Fistpump after 3 hours.
:)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Work out which ones are the easiest for me during reading time, answer those first, plan my responses for the 5+ marker ones, do multiple choice and then long responses (planned ones)
Then check.
And recheck.
Repeat, as many times as necessary.
Fistpump after 3 hours.
:)
Yeah I always finish the whole paper in about 2 hours. Once I finish, I'm just going to pour the rest of my knowledge onto the paper, and check as many times as possible.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Genetics option question:
anyone want to help me with transposons?
Transposable DNA are segments of DNA that can move from one position to another on the DNA. They may be cut from one position and interested to another, subsequently causing deletion, addition or relocation of DNA bases in a neighbouring segment (frameshift basically).

Basically, they impact on the genome by:
- Destabilising the DNA in cells
- Deregulating the reading of the genes
-Causing mutations via chromosomal re-arrangement, point mutations and frameshift mutations.
-Induce new genetic combinations that can be helpful or fatal.

Also, they can only be inherited provided that these mutations occur in germ line cells, not somatic.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Huge ass dot point.

It is a SPECIFIC immune response.

Consists of antibodies, T-cells (cytotoxic, helper, supressor & memory) and B-cells (plasma & memory)

T & B cells interact during this process.

Look a couple pages back, @teeah explained this perfectly.
WOW, LOL, I knew all the T cells, B cells, somehow this time I remembered them as the second line of defense wtf, thanks for reminding me

madharris

HSC
N/A
Transposable DNA are segments of DNA that can move from one position to another on the DNA. They may be cut from one position and interested to another, subsequently causing deletion, addition or relocation of DNA bases in a neighbouring segment (frameshift basically).

Basically, they impact on the genome by:
- Destabilising the DNA in cells
- Deregulating the reading of the genes
-Causing mutations via chromosomal re-arrangement, point mutations and frameshift mutations.
-Induce new genetic combinations that can be helpful or fatal.

Also, they can only be inherited provided that these mutations occur in germ line cells, not somatic.
Ok thanks, that helped a lot :)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
If it's a big question,

Transposons can also impact gene expression, and subsequently (if this happens during development) can impact on morphogenesis.

Don't you just absolutely love how everything ties in together in this topic?

madharris

HSC
N/A
If it's a big question,

Transposons can also impact gene expression, and subsequently (if this happens during development) can impact on morphogenesis.

I absolutely hate this topic! :p
However, it's pretty easy once you get your head around the concepts

madharris

HSC
N/A
If it's a big question,

I absolutely hate this topic! :p
However, it's pretty easy once you get your head around the concepts

teeah

HSC
Yeah I always finish the whole paper in about 2 hours. Once I finish, I'm just going to pour the rest of my knowledge onto the paper, and check as many times as possible.
Lol this, I did it in trials and ran out of space to include more information. My teachers had a blast marking my exam :D

RishBonjour

HSC
I would love to see the paper filled with "stimulus" based questions and analysing things given.

good luck to everyone :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
I would love to see the paper filled with "stimulus" based questions and analysing things given.

good luck to everyone :D
Good luck everyone :)

Going to sleep now. I'll be one tomorrow and answer any unanswered questions :)

cornchips1

HSC
Good luck everyone, thank you for your help, just think of the feeling we'll get stepping out of that exam :D

wavess

HSC
Good luck everyone. Omg I'm so nervous, I feel I've forgotten what I've learnt this whole year. It is the stress kicking in!

teeah

HSC
Goodnight to everyone who's off to sleep and good luck to you all.

If anyone has any questions, I can try and answer them, I'll be on for a while :)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, just this dot point I need confirmation of:

Process and analyse information from secondary sources to evaluate the effectiveness of vaccination programs in preventing the spread and occurrence of once common diseases including smallpox, diptheria and polio.

poh123

HSC
It was observed that a new insect species had a flat disk on the inner knee of each
foreleg.
How could you use a first-hand investigation and information from secondary
sources to determine if this structure functions as a tympanic membrane?

How on earth do you answer this? Please help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)