• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone Politically Involved (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
That still doesn't mean you can't do it.
Can't do what? Seriously you often make little sense.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
^clarified above.
You didn't answer the question. If you are informed enough to support the resistance why are you not informed enough to go and fight for them?

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
You didn't answer the question. If you are informed enough to support the resistance why are you not informed enough to go and fight for them?
resistance by definition does not really have national boundaries...

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Haha, man just because you got owned last night. You know what I am talking about.

(and I was joking about you arresting him. relax a bit)
When you make no sense whatsoever, when I give up having to explain something to you then that does not mean you win. It means you are dull.

It means you are a cardboard cutout naive lefty in yr 12 who needs some politics science education to have you pulled to the center of the political spectrum. You need some education so you understand that arguments from both sides often have validity and that not everything from the left is to be treated as abolsute truth. If you do not go this way you are nothing but a carbon copy of the people on the far right that you oppose. Just the same as mathmite.

I often have no idea what you are talking about. But I'll give you the benefit because you are a HSCer.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
resistance by definition does not really have national boundaries...
so essentially you would participate in resistance outside of national borders?

Z_Nizzle

HSC
erawamai said:
so essentially you would participate in resistance outside of national borders?
I am unsure about this. Although I would like to make it very clear that those within occupied territories have the right to do so. As a muslim do I personally have the right to be involved in resisting? I am not sure.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Are you still bitter? Come on man. What are you? 21 years old? You feel your pride is damaged because you got beat in an argument by a 17 year old.

Grow the fuck up.
I gave up because you didn't understand anything that was going on in the thread. You were contributing nothing.

In fact I didnt really reply because your post made no sense and did not lead on from the previous post. You were not even on the same issue of the thread. I don't even think there was an argument.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well I don't think I really fit in too much in the main parties.

In the past I would have said Labor Left but now I am in general swayed by neo-liberal idealism/neo-classocal economics though in the International Arena I believe Offensive Neo-Realism provides the best paradigm for understanding the actions of actors. And as such the best template for acting ourselves.

Finally in general I do not believe it is the states place to legislate on 'moral issues', I am a trenchant believer in seperation of powers and the achievement of a free, just outcome.

So that makes me essentially:
A free-marketeer etc etc
In favour of self-interested International Relations
Socially pretty 'free'

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
If I remember correctly it was you who was going on about Iraq in a Bali thread.
-------------------------------------------------------
erawamai said:
Well im an ALP center lefty.

...so s nizzle...do you want to go fight for the resistance in Iraq?
Damage Inc. said:
Haha, don't change the subject erawamai.
erawamai said:
Well I'd want to know if a fellow ALP supporter would want to fight in the resistance in Iraq.
Damage Inc. said:
What are you talking about? (Or is Z nizzle an ALP centre lefty.)
erawamai said:
[yes] s Nizzle is a member of the ALP. Or ALP supporter.
Damage Inc. said:
Well then, what the hell are you talking about?
erawamai said:
erawamai gives up on you.
Damage Inc. said:
Awwww, that was the first good argument I've had on BoS. I expected better from you erawamai. :p
-----------------------------------------

Yeah owned :rolleyes: What a great big argument.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Yeah, heaps good way to take the thread entirely out of context erawamai.

Again you are trying to justify to yourself that you weren't beaten
Did you read the above quotes? There wasnt even an argument. It's just you asking whether z nizzle is an ALp supporter. Of which I said yes. You then asked what I was talking about.

Here you go again. You big owning below. You big first argument on bos!!!!

erawamai said:
Well im an ALP center lefty.

...so s nizzle...do you want to go fight for the resistance in Iraq?
Damage Inc. said:
Haha, don't change the subject erawamai.
erawamai said:
Well I'd want to know if a fellow ALP supporter would want to fight in the resistance in Iraq.
Damage Inc. said:
What are you talking about? (Or is Z nizzle an ALP centre lefty.)
erawamai said:
[yes] s Nizzle is a member of the ALP? Or ALP supporter.
Damage Inc. said:
Well then, what the hell are you talking about?
erawamai said:
erawamai gives up on you.
Damage Inc. said:
Awwww, that was the first good argument I've had on BoS. I expected better from you erawamai. :p
I think the above shows that there wasn't even an argument.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
No erawamai, you are a cheating fuck. This is what you said.

You said that he wasn't a member of the ALP.

And then I said

You changed your quote to make it seem that you were in the right.

You are so lame.

erawamai
s Nizzle is a member of the ALP? Or ALP supporter.
What do you think that means? :rolleyes: He is a member of the ALP or a supporter of the ALP. That is what that quote means.

You actually think that means he isn't in the ALP? I think it would be abundently clear for anyone with a brain that I had been asking him as a young Labor supporter and member for the past 4 pages of the thread.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
God you're dumber than I thought. I was referring to the argument we had before, about terrorism, you moron. How was the thing about Z nizzle an argument?
Mate...you are not going to get a uai above 90. The invasion of iraq was intitially a terrorist act because it was not approved under international law. However when the un eventually gave it approval it ceased to be the continuation of an terrorist Act. However the initial invasion can be construed as a terrorist Act. As such the current war in iraq is legit under international law.

As such the CONTINUATION of the war is not a terrorist act. The initial invasion can be construed as a terrorist Act however many would argue that the UN approval legitimised the invasion.

Do you understand that? Or are you going to go on a frolic of your own again?

Damage Inc. said:
You said that he wasn't a member of the ALP.
erawamai
Really did i?

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Well then to clarifiy my statement

erawamai said:
He is a member of the ALP and ALP supporter. If you had read the thread you would have read quotes such as this which occured before the quote which you believe I say that he isnt in the ALP. Below...

erawamai said:
Well I'd want to know if a fellow ALP supporter would want to fight in the resistance in Iraq
This is the line of questioning I had been using throughout the thread. I think it would have been very very clear that I KNEW he was an ALP supporter and that as an ALP supporter myself I wanted to know the views of a FELLOW ALP SUPPORTER. That this was the whole basis of my questioning.

As for my quote which you think shows that I didn't know he was an ALP supporter I think it would be a bit silly to draw such a conclusion when I had made reference to him supporting the ALP in many posts before this quote

erawamai said:
I think you misunderstood the quote...said 'what the'...i couldnt be bothered clarifying and then you proclaimed victory.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
I said the invasion of Iraq WAS a terrorist act, because it did not have UN support at the beginning.
I never disputed that.

I know the CONTINUATION of the war is not a terrorist act. Again you are trying to put words in my mouth. And many, being you.
Yes I know you knew that. I never said the initial invasion was not a terrorist Act.

I've always understood it, noob.
Yeah I'm such a noob :rolleyes: I think it shows how much of a noob you are that you actually think I've only been here for a few months.

I know its all stressful before the HSC and you want let it all out. But seriously you are drawing arguments and disagreements out where there were none.

I think you will find I never disputed in any thread that the initial invasion of Iraq could be construed as a terrorist act. What I stated was that the war in iraq is legal under international law as it had been approved by the UN. I made no comment on whether the inititial invasion was a terrorist act or not. I have clarified in this thread that the initial invasion of Iraq can be construed as a terrorist Act.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)