Anyone studying dentistry at csu?? (1 Viewer)

Chemistryace

HSC
Good points. Agreed their would be more pride, however, a 99 in NSW is almost exactly the same as a 99 in QLD. And in many ways, the qld system is much easier to get high results than nsw. How are you going atm btw? On track for an OP1?
I wish, OP 4 at best but more realistically maybe a 5 or 6. I'd be happy with a 5 as it is more than enough to get me into UQ engineering...the cutoff is only 8 and as I do Maths C I also get 2 bonus rank points. How about you...going for an OP 1 ?

Aldehyde

HSC
I'm not sure tbh. Hoping for better than 6. In my dreams, i may get a one :p

andrea22

HSC
for people who are applying at csu when are u planning to post it ? since they want it by the 30th.. because the first question is driving me crazy and i need more time ! whats the latest to post ?

all i heard about the place was that the dorms are really bad and that they have cockroaches -_-'

Daveky

HSC
for people who are applying at csu when are u planning to post it ? since they want it by the 30th.. because the first question is driving me crazy and i need more time ! whats the latest to post ?

all i heard about the place was that the dorms are really bad and that they have cockroaches -_-'
+1 actually i don't care much about dorms but want to know about applications stuff.

wintergate

HSC
N/A
I'm aiming to send mine out tomorrow in the morning. Who knows how long it takes from melbourne to NSW rural areas ...

need to do some minor adjustments here and there and i'll be set.

The only thing I'm worried about is my handwriting because its equivalent to a grade 2's!

Daveky

HSC
wintergate;4594014} The only thing I'm worried about is my handwriting because its equivalent to a grade 2's![/QUOTE said:
Lol yeah whats with that whole writing in handwriting thing. You can still spellcheck difficult words just in case on the net, and handwriting analysis was discredited years ago.

And it's not like there are any sample applications on the internet, and if there were they would be hard pressed checking cause they'd have to retype all the applications into a computer to find out.

why not just have an online application, saves on paper, filing, postage and mail troubles.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
its good if u have bad handwriting, doctors are meant to have handwriting u cant read ;) wow tomorrow, youre lucky. i still dont know what to do for the regional health care stuff. youd think there would be more info on the net -_-. who knows we might end up in the same class next yr if were lucky :D did you guys do any work ex ?

wintergate

HSC
N/A
haha nope.. but i got an uncle that works at a dentist.. so i can get work experience anytime :D and ge tthe letter written before that time :p

and plus... i don't have doctor's hand writing.. my handwriting is really just.. terrible LOL

and mesbah are you melbournian?

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
haha nope.. but i got an uncle that works at a dentist.. so i can get work experience anytime :D and ge tthe letter written before that time :p

and plus... i don't have doctor's hand writing.. my handwriting is really just.. terrible LOL

and mesbah are you melbournian?

lol if its terrible, youre on the right track ;)

aw lucky lucky
my dads a doc and my mums an optometrist, so neither of them can help me with dentistry. but itll b funny if i get in, a doc, opto, dentist, and hopefully my sister ends up a physiotherapist :haha::haha: that'll be hilarious

nope im not. im a.. err... sydneyian :D

Daveky

HSC
I'm having trouble with the letter to professor Massey, it's like a job interview on paper, but without any questions.

Maybe they do the handwriting thing to distinguish between doctors and dentists lol

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
I'm having trouble with the letter to professor Massey, it's like a job interview on paper, but without any questions.

Maybe they do the handwriting thing to distinguish between doctors and dentists lol
ohh iv done that part. that was my easiest and i enjoyed doing it ! i dont have a single line for the first part. arrrghh :(

wintergate

HSC
N/A
yeah i found question 2 much easier. question 1 took me a while but once i knew where to look, i got all the answers i needed :D.

and mesbah, it says health facilities... so i guess you can get your parents to write one?

ps. am i the only non year 12 hoping to transfer? cos i sure hope i am =P

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
if you guys had trouble with the first part,
that's good news for me.

i think i answered that part really well,
as was part 2.

the only troubling bit was my year 12 report, and handwriting.

hahh!

anyway i hope express post doesn't fail me!
as i left the app for too late

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
since the dates are closed do you guys wanna exchange answers ? :D to see who wrote what, you know to get an idea of what kinda stuff is going in. im really scared. have no idea what the standards are ! >.<"

Daveky

HSC
if you guys had trouble with the first part,
that's good news for me.

i think i answered that part really well,
as was part 2.

the only troubling bit was my year 12 report, and handwriting.

hahh!

anyway i hope express post doesn't fail me!
as i left the app for too late
+1 that part 2 was so weird. having it addressed to professor massey was the strange part, i would have thought they just had a question like why should you be selected for entry to CQU dental. then like list any experience you've had or academic study which you think may help you. they don't give you any direction so you could go anywhere with it, it should have at least a little structure so you can compare answers.

Does anyone know when to expect a reply from them?

ming mong

HSC
For the CSu dentistry supplementary application form, I have been clicking submit once a day for about a week now. But the confirmation email never comes. Is this normal? Or should I contact CSU?
It's the confirmation email that they've successfully received the form. this is all done electronically

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
For the CSu dentistry supplementary application form, I have been clicking submit once a day for about a week now. But the confirmation email never comes. Is this normal? Or should I contact CSU?
It's the confirmation email that they've successfully received the form. this is all done electronically
Contact them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)