Anyone thinks they have killed the test (1 Viewer)

blackness

Crazy crazy just crazy
HSC
Yeah, so anyone think they killed it
I think i did okay
for section 1 i did like 7 pages

section 2 i fucked it at 3 pages

Section 3 i did 8 pages

Overall, i think i passed it

Anywaiz anyone think they have killed it??????????

xsavagex

HSC
I think i passed it ok.
Section 1 - 5.5 pages
Section 2 - 4.5 pages
Section 3 - 7 pages
im pretty happy

HSC
hell no. but i think you and i are in good hands considering no one has posted yet saying they did well.

morganforrest

HSC
pwned it....that was one of the easiest papers....unexpected detours, pretty much another word for challenges....and those quotes were so easy to incorporate into a creative writing.

What was with that first text though, the poster...did it even have anything to do with journeys??? :confused:

pyrosis

HSC
i think the test has a betta chance of killing me than it lol
and i agree with that poster- it seemed pretty random 2 me

Last edited:

melzii

HSC
NO! Didn't "kill" it.. I think I did well though.

Section 1 - 7 pages (this was the hardest section.. BY FAR!)
Section 2 - 15 pages for physical journeys (relatively easy, took a bit of thought to define 'unexpected detours')
Section 3 - 10 pages (awesome, one of my prepared creative writing stories slipped right in with one of the quotes).

Overall, the result should be OKAY. I think I'm going to have to make up for it in Paper 2. :D

jirwin

HSC
section 1 - 3 pages - totally sucked
section 2 - 3 pages - pathetic
section 3 - 6 pages - good

redherring

HSC
morganforrest said:
pwned it....that was one of the easiest papers....unexpected detours, pretty much another word for challenges....and those quotes were so easy to incorporate into a creative writing.

What was with that first text though, the poster...did it even have anything to do with journeys??? :confused:
hahahaha. "pwned it"- you sounded pretty confident there for a while.

the first text probably had the clearest picture of a journey out of the lot. the blurred bus, the line "everywhere he goes."
good on ya though if you think you killed it. good luck.

G

gaoOO

melzii said:
NO! Didn't "kill" it.. I think I did well though.

Section 1 - 7 pages (this was the hardest section.. BY FAR!)
Section 2 - 15 pages for physical journeys (relatively easy, took a bit of thought to define 'unexpected detours')
Section 3 - 10 pages (awesome, one of my prepared creative writing stories slipped right in with one of the quotes).

Overall, the result should be OKAY. I think I'm going to have to make up for it in Paper 2. :D
i hope that's not how you labelled your sections because 2 is the creative and 3 is the essay.

melzii

HSC
gaoOO said:
i hope that's not how you labelled your sections because 2 is the creative and 3 is the essay.
No, I just mixed them up right now. I was thinking of the order I did them when I replied to this post, but thankfully I wrote the correct sections on the booklets. I checked them about 50 times.

G

gaoOO

melzii said:
No, I just mixed them up right now. I was thinking of the order I did them when I replied to this post, but thankfully I wrote the correct sections on the booklets. I checked them about 50 times.
lol, that's good to know. I'm sure they would sort out everything anyway, but it's nice to know you haven't screwed up the order.

i'm predicting a raw mark between 36-41/45 depending on how section 1 goes.

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
I can't even remember how many pages I used! I just wrote whatever came to my head and moved on!

But it's QUALITY not quantity - that that has worked for me.

Um, so for section 3 - how many quotes did people memorise/use? I memorised 20 quotes (excluding my related text) but I don't think I used them all... I rushed it so much!

fartx2

HSC
Section 1 - 8 pages.. overall alright. a bit challenging (text 3!)
Section 2 - 9 Pages..good. the question was really straight forward
Section 3 - 6 pages..good. integrated the quote as well has had the idea inside. it was about an arranged marriage of an arabian princess

HSC
Section 1- 7 pages
section 2- 12 pages
section 3- 14.5 pages

Section one was so much harder than in our trial paper... I think I successfully bullshitted my way through it though.

The story was awesome. I think the stimulus actually improved mine.

Master Sword

HSC
You wrote 7 pages in section 1? :confused: What are you guys doing, writing a whole page for the one mark questions that you can answer in a couple of lines?

shredinator

HSC
I think i absolutely demolished it. Section 1 was okay nothing fantastic. I slaughtered section 2 and even moreso section three though.

fishy89sg

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I used 4 quotes for Of Eurydice, 2 big and 3 small for A Righteous Day, 2 for my related and 3 from The Wind in the Willows, so all up 14 quotes.

I thought the exam was decent, the story was good as one of the quotes fit well into a story I had written and got good feedback on and the essay question was easier than some of the last few years. I was so glad it didn't ask about how studying journeys has changed our view of the world or some crap, would have been /wrist for me.

I hate people posting their page count though, it always makes me feel bad because my writing is fairly compact :p

I think I had
Section 1: 2.5 or 3.5 pages (can't remember)
Section 2: 5 pages (I think)
Section 3: 6 pages and a line
thats alright

starrysky

HSC
I had ... let's see. I had six quotes for My Place, three from The Road Not Taken, and two for my related, so all up ... eleven?

Nosviper

HSC
I actually didnt think it was that bad. It could have been worse.

Section 1: Found quite easy. The first few questions really didnt have anything to do with journey. I chose to compare test 2 and 3 for the 5 marker.

Section 2: The third quote fit into my story. It was basically about a man on a bus on his way to goal. Driving through the desert and explainng the landscape is where i put the quote in. He underwent a physical journey from his home and inner and phychological journey due to his new enironment blah blah blah.
My favourite line I came up with was "as the prison bus entered a nearby tunnel the sunlight faded. With the darkness came a renewed dread of what was to follow"

Section 3. I would say I made many attemps to suit my essay to the question. I kind of took detours as obstacles aswell. Spoke about how the detours results in unexpected situtation and greater understanding/appreciation of ones life.

Not too bad at all.

daniel.n

HSC
found the test pretty much as expected. first section a little left-field. not as technique-based as expected, made it a little tricky. overall no real surprises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)